Cruise control not working :/

6thGenJed

Reaction score
i press the button on my steering wheel and the light for "Cruise Control" lights up on my dash but it doesnt actually engage. the cables look fine and all. anyone know what the problem can be? i was told since my fire that the box was set into protection mode or something? any trouble shooting anyone knows of? all cables seem to be fine. just havent looked into the box thing itself. need to get this fixed asap. cause a drive to vegas is gonna kill me :ownedrun:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
When initiating the cruise control make sure to keep your foot off the brake pedal. The even resting your foot on the pedal without actually braking will turn off the cruise control.

6thGenJed

Reaction score
When initiating the cruise control make sure to keep your foot off the brake pedal. The even resting your foot on the pedal without actually braking will turn off the cruise control.

-____- why would i try to turn it off lol. i activate it and all i do is remove my foot off the gas but it doest stay constant. the speed drops but the light "cruise control" is still on on the dash. if i were to press the break im pretty sure it would turn off.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
... You did set the speed with the button on the wheel I'm assuming? After you pressed the button near the fog light and sunroof button? Probably a stupid question.

6thGenJed

Reaction score
... You did set the speed with the button on the wheel I'm assuming? After you pressed the button near the fog light and sunroof button? Probably a stupid question.

lol. yes. otherwise it wouldnt activate and light up on the dashboard.

Tphong

Reaction score
I think I remember the cruise control for our cars is a vacuum type of cruise control. I think, not totally sure. So it could be a vacuum leak.

Brad2274

Reaction score
Lol heres My serious comment now,
The cruise control actuator is vacuum powered, follow the second throttle cable to the actuator if you don't know what it looks like, there should be some hoses and wires going to it, Check the hoses for vacuum leaks and check for an unplugged hose.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

Back