damage

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
is there a hole in the bumper? PM me and ill go into more detail.I do this for a living..ha
itl be great for some pics also.

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
is there a hole in the bumper? PM me and ill go into more detail.I do this for a living..ha
itl be great for some pics also.

no holes... just scrapes and indentions. I would have to have someone paint it. although i have a 250gal compressor im not sure i could do it myself. Pics to come in the morning. On another note. It would look best to be completed, but it would look better with the scrapes like they are than to go to import alliance with bondo and primer..:fail:

Last edited:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
ok then..Im sure its dented/bowed.
Get a heatgun and heat up the damaged area and smooth it back as much as possible.
using a DA sander,sand down the damaged area with 80grit paper.then go back over the edges with 180grit paper to feather edge it in.
wipe the bumper with light weight body filler.DO NOT USE BONDO BONDO brand..use name brand..3M,Evercoat.ect.
get a paintstick and start sanding with 80grit if its bad to get the shape.
wipe again and sand with 180grit until perfect.
so wiping/sanding might happen a few times.

then once your happy..Go over the bondo area and edges with 320 grit paper and gray scotch brite pad..spray 3/4 coats of primer

spray lightly over primer with black spray paint..just let it sprinkle over it pretty much..
use paint stick again and sand with 320 until black paint is gone(guides you and will show you low spots)
then sand the whole bumper down with 600grit paper and paint..

:boink:

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
ok then..Im sure its dented/bowed.
Get a heatgun and heat up the damaged area and smooth it back as much as possible.
using a DA sander,sand down the damaged area with 80grit paper.then go back over the edges with 180grit paper to feather edge it in.
wipe the bumper with light weight body filler.DO NOT USE BONDO BONDO brand..use name brand..3M,Evercoat.ect.
get a paintstick and start sanding with 80grit if its bad to get the shape.
wipe again and sand with 180grit until perfect.
so wiping/sanding might happen a few times.

then once your happy..Go over the bondo area and edges with 320 grit paper and gray scotch brite pad..spray 3/4 coats of primer

spray lightly over primer with black spray paint..just let it sprinkle over it pretty much..
use paint stick again and sand with 320 until black paint is gone(guides you and will show you low spots)
then sand the whole bumper down with 600grit paper and paint..

:boink:

thanks for the advise.. youll see in the pics tomorrow the damage

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
hahahahahahahahahahaha. I went to a bodyshop called lyknew and they Quoted me at 685 to fix the rear bumper. $250 of that cost is a new bumper. that is rediculous. $40 an hour for painters....is that high?

Quicksilvercord

Reaction score
A little but it depends on the quality of their work too. Personally I wouldn't go to a shop that spelled their name like that either.

Back