Dashkit?

dreamliner77

Reaction score
Nah, it should be fine. I've always installed my own systems. I just want to do this one right. I've always used the kit/sleeve method before.

dreamliner77

Reaction score
And the saga of finally getting a system in this car continues...

I spent this weekend pulling out the oem deck (and cassette deck add-on) and went to put in my Alpine. This is when I discovered that the wiring harness that I bought and soldered to the Alpine was the wrong when even though it said Honda 1986-2001. I have a 2000. Turns out Metra now labels this as 1986-1998.

Also, as I mentioned, I had the old add-on cassette deck under the the oem stereo location in the little cubby. Turns out that to put this in, the dealer had to cut a bunch of the console parts. Now I need to find the plastic piece that goes under the stereo location and the piece that makes up the cubby (with the 12v outlet in it). If anyone knows where I can find these parts, please let me know. I'm not looking forward to having to pull the console apart to replace it.

I've also just considered fiberglassing up the the console. Please chime in if you have any opinions.

dreamliner77

Reaction score
Update. Finally got my Alpine in with the flip cubby below it. Love it. Also between this forum and ebay, I was able to get a used bottom cubby and cover. Hopefully that will go in next week and all will be good. I'm also impressed by the stock speakers hooked up to a good deck. They're not perfect but will suffice until I figure out what I want to put in.

dreamliner77

Reaction score
Here's some pics. You can see how the cubby was cut apart when the tape deck was installed. I also need to tighten the dash parts up but will tackle that when I get a new cubby to install.

IMG_0649%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_0651%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_0654%20(Medium).JPG

Last edited:

dreamliner77

Reaction score
While we're at it, where's the best place to go through the firewall to run 4ga? Or what's the thought on running it under the car?

imaricer:)

Reaction score
Is the Scosche kit that bad? That's what I just picked up. Also, I'd love to see some pics of an aftermarket HU with the pocket installed.

it really isnt that bad. thats what i use now... the only thing i dont like about it is the te trim peice it comes w for the bottom pocket dosnt fit on right and sometimes pops off lol :doh:

Back