DEI heat wrap vs cool tape on a short ram

99accord boi

Reaction score
You DON'T need it. Why do i say so?
I wrapped my intake with it since i got the product for free. Before doing so i checked the air temperature coming in the engine through my scan tool. I checked it after doing the mod as well and the change was....within 2-3C
how short is ur short ram?
i was planning on buying an elbow so my filter would be below the hole were the resonator box should be

Yes and No. While a CAI will pull cooler air from outside the under hood compartment than a SRI, but once the intake pipes get hot they heat up he air as it passes through them. So same problem.

yess so essentially we need a cai wrapped to get the best results

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
My intake is water cooled. Only problem is sometimes the motor gets hydrolocked and I have to pull over for a while and wait, then I can drive it again. It's worth the gains though.

001Stunna

Reaction score
how short is ur short ram?
i was planning on buying an elbow so my filter would be below the hole were the resonator box should be

Its as short as all of them and as long as all of them. Lol what question is that??? My filter is right above the hole were the resonator would normally be in.

If you have a money-tree in your porch/balcony then by all means do it...if not use your cash elsewhere.

If you want to absorb some of the heat caused by the engine bay then maybe you should buy some piping bigger then the intake size and mount the intake inside of it...causing the bigger piping to act as a heatshield/heat absorber.

Would i do this for just a street driven car though...NO

99accord boi

Reaction score
Its as short as all of them and as long as all of them. Lol what question is that??? My filter is right above the hole were the resonator would normally be in.

If you have a money-tree in your porch/balcony then by all means do it...if not use your cash elsewhere.

If you want to absorb some of the heat caused by the engine bay then maybe you should buy some piping bigger then the intake size and mount the intake inside of it...causing the bigger piping to act as a heatshield/heat absorber.

Would i do this for just a street driven car though...NO

well if u didnt know some short rams are shorter then others some have the filter rest in the slot next to the battery and some have the filter rest behiened the battery a friends accord has the latter one which is why I asked what i asked
and i dont have a money tree, dei heat wrap is only 15 bucks shipped so u dont need deep pockets to afford it
unless u want gold foil and thats another story

and well my car isnt only street driven, i do alot of spirited driving in canyons and do plan on taking my car to the track within the next month

Back