Deleting exhaust resonator

HONDUH AKKORD

Reaction score
hey guys, i want to have a more deeper aggresive sound for now, would deleting my exhaust resonator make a difference?? would this affect smog check? thanks guys !

Bada$$VTec

Reaction score
Dont really know bout smog check but deleting it is gonna make ur car sound really loud,i jus deleted both on my V6( Big mistake) and it sounnds really loud with Flowmasters 40series universal exhaust.
If u want sound,u can delete one(wont advice two). BTW is ur car and i4 or V6?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Dont take any of them off. It wont be deeper, it will sound like a tin can. If u want deeper, get a longer resonator in place of the stock one

juicebox00

Reaction score
if you have stock mufflers then i think it'll sound fine. if you search i think johnson has some sound clips of his. but he may have a dynomax resonator too.

HONDUH AKKORD

Reaction score
i have a 4 cylinder, i was advised that i can just replace it w a straight pipe? i have stock mufflers btw

truWarier02

Reaction score
Dont really know bout smog check but deleting it is gonna make ur car sound really loud,i jus deleted both on my V6( Big mistake) and it sounnds really loud with Flowmasters 40series universal exhaust.
If u want sound,u can delete one(wont advice two). BTW is ur car and i4 or V6?

It won't affect smog but it would make it really loud.. it'll sound like sh!t.

i have a 4 cylinder, i was advised that i can just replace it w a straight pipe? i have stock mufflers btw

I replaced my resonator once with a straight pipe along with a universal magnaflow muffler. It was too damn loud.. I replaced it the next day. If you want a little louder.. try replacing the resonator with a smaller aftermarket resonator or just change the muffler. Whatever you do.. don't get a flowmaster muffler though.. trust me haha

HONDUH AKKORD

Reaction score
how about if i just change it with a straight pipe w my stock muffler still on? just removing the resonator?? would that be loud or just plain rice?

truWarier02

Reaction score
I haven't experimented with a straight pipe and stock muffler but I'll assume that it'll sound rice (raspy).

Bada$$VTec

Reaction score
Whatever you do.. don't get a flowmaster muffler though.. trust me haha
Yea well i had my Flow masters b4 the resonator delete and it sounded good until i removed the resonator n it sounded really loud..my dad even says it sounds too loud but i wish i could get one of my resonators back. Guess ill check the Junkyard for some.

do u think i should do it???

Dont do eet!

Back