Dinzdale40 Official Car Buildup Thread

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
sweettt, that looks like alot of fun. i loved working on my accord to, it was so easy. you should just take the hood off, itd be out of the way, and a lot easier to work in the bay.

yea i got a friend coming over soon to help me remove the hood...i can't see jack with the hood on...it will prolly come off along with the fenders soon...

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
Engine:
Seeing as though i am gonna build the motor myself...i figure i should do some upgrades as i go. im not some master engine whiz so if you guys know how i could do it better please provide your info/advice....first thing i was thinking was to lighten and balance the pistons and rods...have all parts cleaned and maybe get the head ported and polished...other than this i don't see much else i can really do...i just want to make it a really reliable motor that will make good power...and if i want to add a supercharger later i could...im hoping a setup like this could put down ~230whp or more.....and of course put it over 300 if a supercharger was installed...but that would be an add on later down the road...

can anyone think of anything worth while i could do to the block itself? or any other things im overlooking as far as upgrades to do when building the motor?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you adding forged aftermarket parts or just a oem rebuild of the engine? Have the crank micropolished, knife edged, entire bottom end assembly blue printed and balanced. This would include the flywheel and crank pulley.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
well i don't plan on increasing compression of the pistons...so i wasn't really thinking of getting anything forged...but if i did want to be able to add a supercharger later it might be a good idea...at least get forged pistons and rods...cause i might be resleeving the block anyway....

ill have to shop around for shops that would be good for doing the crank shaft...cause i don't know how to really balance that...where as pistons and rods are easy...

and yea im definitely gonna upgrade the flywheel and clutch while im building it...

legendaryyaj

Reaction score
N/A is best.

Why not just do a J35 block with J32 heads? Those are stupid quick with basic bolt ons.

Add some ITB's to while you're at it and it would REALLY stand out.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
took out some more stuff... popped off the front bumper....took the radiator overflow off....got the engine covers removed(might sell soon)...acura tl strut bar....etc...waiting on a friend to help me remove the hood...and i need to put stuff in my attic to get more room...hehe

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg

Last edited:
Back