Dinzdale40 Official Car Buildup Thread

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Definately looking forward to this project! All the best with it, and I hope you will continue to provide much detail, as I'm sure this is going to end up being stickied for all those considering a similar project.

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
If you sell your engine covers, Im extremely interested! Along with maybe the TL strut bar...
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE let me know if you sell those covers...

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
If you sell your engine covers, Im extremely interested! Along with maybe the TL strut bar...
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE let me know if you sell those covers...

feel free to shoot me an offer for the engine covers...i am rather attached to them tho

and the Tl strut bar is going back on...its just removed to be out of the way of the motor coming out...

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
more pics time....got the hood off...spun the car around to face the other direction so i can work on the engine bay better...also popped the sunroof out....

also washed the s2k and the Fit....so included some pics of that...even tho the fit went out in the rain today :sad:

_MG_9284.jpg

_MG_9285.jpg

_MG_9286.jpg

_MG_9287.jpg

_MG_9288.jpg

_MG_9289.jpg

_MG_9290.jpg

_MG_9291.jpg

_MG_9292.jpg

_MG_9293.jpg

_MG_9294.jpg

_MG_9296.jpg

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
**** you have a fit too? haha, id swap that bitch first, haha, actually give it some go.

whyd you take out the sunroof? gonna close it up or just so it isnt in harms way?

i still want a s2000 like tyrone biggums wants some rocks.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
accord will most likely get a CF or Lexan plug for a sunroof....that bitch was heavy...so it is not goin in the car...

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
haha, nice. go with lexan :) cf would prolly be a little lighter, but theirs really nothing cf on your car, so i think itd look a little out of place

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
nothing CF.....yet...hehe...im planning on getting CF hood and trunk...but they will both be painted....cause i don't like CF look that much

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
Glad to see someone planing building this motor....
Ill prob be watching over this thread, and Ill help you with what I know.
If only you lived in Georgia, I would be there everyday to help you break down the motor.

Advice: DECIDE NOW, whether your going to go all motor, or supercharge.
Then get a hanes manual(Accord Bible)
Also everything you take off your car, clearly mark them. Any bolts put then in a bag(Trust me youll want to put them in a bag)
Also scourage a reputable machine shop(For machining, balancing crank, and to put your pistons and rods together), so you can just send off the block right when your ready.
If your going to build your motor, buy the stuff now.(Pistons, rods, Main Bearings, Rod Bearins, thrust washers, new oil pump, new water pump. And if your interested scourage a baffled oil pan(Will save your motor just in case if your planning to AUTOX).

Last edited:
Back