Dinzdale40 Official Car Buildup Thread

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
it's pretty easy...i had to remove my sideskirts first to get the very bottom bolt...but the rest was straight forward...i had a friend help me so they didn't just fall off when i undid it...

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
removed a/c and alternator today....oooh look at all that room....
IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

Last edited:

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
I am wondering what the point in stripping the car down that much?

EDIT: I mean why are you doing all that to the interior and everything else

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
alot of the things im doing to the interior are for getting as much weight out of the car as possible...to make it go faster...not that any one thing is gonna make it that much lighter....but when you get rid of everything you can...it makes a big difference in not only speed but gas mileage too...the new motor will be higher power...but why not make it have to move less weight...thus increasing handling, braking, and acceleration at the same time....

i've driven the car gutted for a year or so....i love the feeling of it...makes you feel like you are driving in a race car at all times....now that it's getting the new motor....it will be even sweeter...the whole point of this car is for everything to be simple...no frills.....all go...not that the car is gonna be some dedicated track car...but it will def see some track time...but most of the time it will be my little hobby car that i get to work on whenever i want...

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
I am wondering what the point in stripping the car down that much?

EDIT: I mean why are you doing all that to the interior and everything else

the interior was all strippd before he even started this....except for seat and dash stuff

from the end of very first post...
next step will be most likely removing the dashboard, front bumper, headlights, and fenders so i can start removing all the crap i don\'t need behind the dash and re routing some of the wires...after that i will start removing the exhaust and other engine parts in order to prepare to pull the motor next year....

Last edited:

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
hey thats cool I didnt know your car was gutted allready eaither

have you decided what all your going to do to your engine?

I say single turbo with a custom manifold!!!!!!!

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
when i go to buy engines...im gonna get whatever comes with the 6spd attached to it....so 3.2 type s...i've been keeping my eyes on all the custom builds tho and am contemplating rebuilding the motor into a 3.5....maybe with the newer TL-S cams...i dunno...but it should be anywhere from 260-300 crank hp depending on what setup i choose...and i don't really wanna deal with turbo for this car...if i do any forced induction...it would be a supercharger...

theaccordian

Reaction score
I find it kinda ironic your s2k is your dd and the accord is your project car, itd be the other way around 99% of the time haha. but what ever floats your boat! :thumbsup:

Back