DIY 01-03 Civic Fogs for 98-00 accords

tomcarhonda

Reaction score
This is an extention, and I have not seen a picture in there step-by-step.
So here is mines, going into detail.

This is ONLY for 98-00 Honda Accord Front bumpers.

Once you obtain your civic fogs. Unwrap it as quick as you can like a 10-year old kid. :drool:
Take the fog lights and measure up on your bumper.
Mark where you need to cut on your bumper.
I cut out the left and right rails.

I used a Reciprocating Saw with a hack saw blade. (Any blade that can saw will work fine).
Cut out around the end of the rail to the mark you made for the fogs.
As Shown Here are the pieces.

Image018.jpg

Then look for a clip on the side of the Fog Light. Measure and mark. Now cut as shown here are the pieces.
Image115.jpg

Image122.jpg

Image121.jpg

Now you should be able to fit the civic fogs in. Looks like this.
INSIDE bumper
Image123.jpg

Image124.jpg

OUTSIDE bumper
Image116.jpg

Image117.jpg

Now its time to drill 1 hole in the fog light. There will be a strip coming in the bumper as the fog light moves in. Position it how you like it, then drill a hole the size of the bolt (bolts and screws came with package) use a 1/4 drill. Now position it back and drill through the hole of the fog down into your bumper. Insert the bolt in and the nut to tighten. Repeat to the other fog light. As shown here.
Image124-1.jpg

You do not need to use a L-Bracket, I substitued that with ZIP-TIES. Once you bolt and nutted the screw, it is somewhat a little bit loose. Zip-Ties are just for secure, no movement once car is on the road. Or use L-Brackets, hard to find the right size and you have to drill in more holes. Once you put the Zip-Ties on, it will not move out outside because the extra railing is blocking its path. So its nice and snug. Use whatever you like to snug it. Shown here.
Image119.jpg

Image120.jpg

Here is the finished product on a 2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX.
Image118.jpg

On the wiring part, the package gives you everything you need, and some parts left over. It only took me 30 mins to wire it up. I will post picks on the wiring later on. Here is the link to the Fog Lights that I bought. Shipping was free and was a reasonable price.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
These fogs are beast and the color makes it stand out. I will post night time picture with fogs on. It is JAW DROPPING.

I hope this helped, if you need more elaboration, please post here!
Thanks

WIRING PROCESS...
HOPE THIS FLIPPIN' HELPS
=]

As stated up somewhere, the ebay fogs I bought came with everything needed for this wiring process, and no wire cutters needed.
Here is the link to wiring as done by "juicebox00" props to him.
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18938

I also have some pictures to take in consideration.
Wiring to the switch through the firewall.
Image128-1.jpg

Power to the fuse box.
Image126.jpg

Mounted Relay.
Image127.jpg

Fog Light Switch on the far left.
Image129.jpg

Finished Product on body of car.
Image125.jpg

Image135.jpg

Image136.jpg

Image138.jpg

Image137.jpg

I really need a lip kit bad. (>.<)

Last edited:

meximan16

Reaction score
juicebox has the diy with wiring. i like how u showed the cutting into the bumper process, but i think L brackets are more secure.

tomcarhonda

Reaction score
Bah been busy with school, sorry if I took so long.
Going to take pictures with my handy crappy phone.
See you on the flip side. Nite

***UPDATED WITH PICS UP TOP!***

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Clean work man, gj. Not diggin the ziptie either, but there won't be that much force on them, and you already have them fastened with that bolt on the other side so that kind of helps.

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
Did you ever fix the gap on the curve part of the fog housing? I have a gap on between my bumper and the housing. Should the housing stick out further from the bumper curve or should it flush with the curve?

Back