DIY Debadge

dynasty

Reaction score
thejameshimself said:
took me 40 minutes. didn't have to use a heat gun, just parked it in the sun for a several hours in 90+ degree weather and houston humidity. i used simple green and goo gone

db0.jpg
db5.jpg

you can't see it in the pic, but there's a bit of a ghost

nice! i should get some of simple green.

Jeffro

Reaction score
Bug and tar remover worked great for me... And my wife's hair dryer. I'm thinking about doing her ridgeline now... ;)

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
dont forget to use a cleaner wax of some sort, otherwise there WILL BE a ghost/impression. And if you have the skills, wet sanding is the best way.

j_man_honda

Reaction score
I just thought that I would share my de-badge experience. I decided to remove my accord emblem because after it was painted the painter put the accord emblem on the wrong side; and secondly because I have always wanted to remove it. It took about 10 minutes to complete the de-badge. I used hair dryer, dental floss, and glass cleaner to remove the extra-sticky stuff. Here are some pics:

BEFORE:
shavedemblems001.jpg

AFTER:
shavedemblems006.jpg

cliffsta

Reaction score
Man, I've been thinking of debadging since my EX has fallen off twice ;) and I have a humongous dealer emblem on mine as well. Looks pretty sweet and easy, everybody's has come out good so far... I'll be next!

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
hmmmm... might have to do this in a few hours when i get off work and maybe take a short nap...

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
j_man, damn you have some nice paint on that car lol.

this is another something I'm gonna do eventually, prolly the same day I ever get around to tinting my tails

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score

this is another something I'm gonna do eventually, prolly the same day I ever get around to tinting my tails

lol yea eventually....i was actually going to do it this morning but when i left work it was raining...and i didnt really feel like standing in the rain pulling badges off :jerkit:

j_man_honda

Reaction score

Thanks wildman. Yeh the painter did a hell of a job. Stripped the whole car down and painted it. He even painted my engine bay flat black and I didn't even tell him to!!:thumbsup:

Back