DIY Debadge

cliffsta

Reaction score
Well, I finally got around to debadging. It's not as easy as it is made out to be!! It took me over an hour, and it isn't as easy as "They slide right off with floss and clean right up with goo-gone"...But it came out rather well, all things considered. Its definately a 5-footer job but this ain't a show car anyways.

Before:
Before.jpg

And here's what it looks like post-wash + wax:
postwax2.jpg

I've got detailed pics in my member's ride thread, as to not clutter this thread.

As much as I fought with this "easy" mod I'ma defiantely reconsider blackhousings and anything else DIY till I grow some balls again.

Last edited:

Sinful

Reaction score
I have a ghost emblem now =[. Mine took forever.. used simple green, for some reason it wasnt coming off very well. And some of my paint got scratched off in the outline of 2 of my letters no clue why or how. Does the "ghost emblem" really eventually go away?

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
I have a ghost emblem now =[. Mine took forever.. used simple green, for some reason it wasnt coming off very well. And some of my paint got scratched off in the outline of 2 of my letters no clue why or how. Does the "ghost emblem" really eventually go away?

try using a paint cleaner or polish(rub hard with a 100percent cotton terry towel)...the outline is from your paint fading from the elements....while under the emblem it hasn't faded....so even after you get the glue off...you sometimes gotta polish it to get rid of the outline completely....

Sinful

Reaction score
ohh cool thanks I'll try it out later today.. I guess ill go pick some rubbing compound polish stuff at kragen or something

98accordEX

Reaction score
Meguairs sells a bottle for paint cleaner for like $5. Rub hard in a circular motion for a long time with the 100% terry cloth towel then try to go from all angles applying as much pressure as you can, and even use your fingernail while underneath the cloth to lightly scrape off if possible.

Sinful

Reaction score
so I found out its the paint that is screwed up. =[ The outline of the emblem was actually paint that isnt there anymore damn. So i guess i'm gonna be putting the emblems back on. do you guys know whats the best adhesive to use to put back the emblem?

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score

ShutOutTheSky

Reaction score
newfag here-
i've been wanting to do this. i have another use for the emblem. it will be going on a custom case for a computer im building that's going into my trunk.
surprisingly, i held the blowdryer on the badge for no longer than 3 mins and and was able to shimmy the dental floss back and forth behind it and it came right off.
most of the glue came up with just windex and hard rubbing
there's a faint ghost, but it's only noticable from an angle. im sure it'll go away when the paint thats been behind that badge gets sun like the paint thats been on my car for 5+ years. lol.
pics after it stops snowing/i get a car wash

Back