DIY EGR clean help

Bada$$VTec

Reaction score
I think i should do a write up with pics for us V6 guys sometime this week cuz i did mine this summer when i failed inspection,it wasnt that hard to do.

SilverAggie

Reaction score
I know that people have done it and I've watched several videos online... but I still question the safety of seafoam. Can anyone vouch that their car is still running fine years after doing the seafoam fix?

sodaks2k

Reaction score
Bringing back an old post but just wanted to say thx again! :)-D

You're welcome! :thumbsup:

I know that people have done it and I've watched several videos online... but I still question the safety of seafoam. Can anyone vouch that their car is still running fine years after doing the seafoam fix?

1.5 years and no problems with my car. I've had my oil analyzed and they said all is good.

SilverAggie

Reaction score
You're welcome! :thumbsup:

1.5 years and no problems with my car. I've had my oil analyzed and they said all is good.

Thanks man. Ill probably seafoam instead of taking the intake manifold apart this afternoon then. Hopefully ill pass inspection this way with the quick fix and then ill do the EGR full fix DIY later.

sodaks2k

Reaction score
Thanks man. Ill probably seafoam instead of taking the intake manifold apart this afternoon then. Hopefully ill pass inspection this way with the quick fix and then ill do the EGR full fix DIY later.

My CEL (for the EGR)came on AFTER I did the seafoam. It only takes about an hour to take the IM apart, clean it up, and put it back together.

Back