DIY LED.. white needles/Climate control/Cruise/door/clock/

Darianjr1

Reaction score
I accidentally took off the whites from the needles and made it cleared but still looks ok but I dont like the hotspots on the temp consoles. Well here is the results:

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

anything red will not show up with blue led so i'll have to figure a way to make it show.

is there a way to have this in blue with red needles

ejreams

Reaction score
Maybe but you'd probably have to use a vinyl on the back side of the gauge itself and then use the red needles from the 01-02 cluster or vinyl wrap them in red as well with White LED's.

ejreams

Reaction score
Np,
I've seen someone vinyl wrap their needles before and it turned out pretty well but never seen someone try putting anything behind the cluster to change the color. Other than removing what is there to make it 'white'.

The problem with doing blue or red is its a hollow inside so you'd have to pick one color, and being that red is on one side of the spectrum it would not shine through blue tint and vice versa. The only way you could get light through both colors is by using white since its visible through the entire spectrum of color

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Np,
I've seen someone vinyl wrap their needles before and it turned out pretty well but never seen someone try putting anything behind the cluster to change the color. Other than removing what is there to make it 'white'.

The problem with doing blue or red is its a hollow inside so you'd have to pick one color, and being that red is on one side of the spectrum it would not shine through blue tint and vice versa. The only way you could get light through both colors is by using white since its visible through the entire spectrum of color
this is some great info :chucklesfawk:

nskyline342

Reaction score
hey guys i have a question, so im stuck on trying get the yellow on the bottom of the needle... is there any way of getting it off without taking the needle off?

Last edited:

J30MAN

Reaction score
What size NEO-WEDGE is the Climate Control Screen on the EX models? 3mm? 4mm? 5mm?

Didldak

Reaction score
Can you please tell me if I should order normal red leds or the brighter ones (with more "lumens", 2 or 10) ?

I'm not sure how bright the RED is, I'm just worried that I won't be able to read my gauges with the 2 lumen ones

heres mine in red!
IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

I forgot to order the bulb for the fuel meter, so thats why its still white =( but the rest is all good!

BTW the needles look orange in the picture, but in reality they are very red!

Go!

Reaction score
For an 01 DX, is it different? I don't have the same climate interface as you.

Back