DIY LEDs gauge cluster

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanna make mine a white and blueish theme. any suggestions on how I should set this up?

you are going to need to spend "A LOT" of time playing around with the locations once you take off everything and get the nail polish ready. You have to figure our your scheme pattern then use the nail polish remover to take off some of the stuff to expose white color to shine through it. Throwing in a white led bulb will yield you a baby blue color only...

patliber

Reaction score
Clicky!

Click the WLED Miniature Wedge Base bulbs

WLED-x5: 5 LED T10 Wide Angle Wedge Base Bulb
they are 2.99 each..

love your set up man, those leds pop at night lolll. how many bulbs did you order? and does the one of those bulbs work for the odo light as well ? Thanks :)

metrick1235

Reaction score
Thank you :) I love them at night.. i did all the climate control, Sunroof, cruise,clock, and doors too. As far as the ODO goes i think its the Same Bulb size If i remember correctly, but its a dedicated bulb for the ODO so its separate from the Gauges.. So you could tech do a white ODO and blue gauges..

patliber

Reaction score
oooohhhh la la, i like the way you think :afro: when i get everything ordered and installed, ill put up pics! thanks for the help

Fritz

Reaction score
Sorry crappy photo from blackberry but this is mine.. No hot spots, I also used 360 degree bulbs from Superbrightled.com Awesome light up.. I also used fingernail polish remover and got all the yellow off my needles so they are white in the day and matching blue at night...

n500735482_6070171_6226838.jpg

Also for any that do take the orange off the needles, they are clear plastic. Akin to making a lit design in a sheet of plexi, if you rough up the facing edge of the needle and cap off the very tip edge you should get better output.

odo2.jpg

damage

Reaction score
Anyone know what the bulb model # is for the LCD screen? Mine has been out ever since I bought the car. Would love to just replace it with a stock one.

Back