DIY LEDs gauge cluster

Kville02Accord

Reaction score
Ordered red LEDs for a my gauges, white for my odometer and clock Wednesday night. They came in the mail today and it only took about 35 minutes to install. Can't wait until night fall to see how they look! I'll try to post a photo tonight

Please post pics of your setup. I am thinking about the same color setup.

CLEsonny

Reaction score
Please post pics of your setup. I am thinking about the same color setup.

Here is an okay picture I took with my iPhone. I kind of wish they were a little brighter, but I like them a lot.
Red LEDs for the gauges, white for the odometer (but it lights up blue), and white LED for the clock. The rest are stock for now.

The color might not be exact because I think I used a filter for this photo since I used Instagram

http://instagr.am/p/JdoSDDQfkS/

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
Here's my interior ( the only change is that I swapped in a 1w white led for the odometer since it was pretty dim compared to everything else)

lows.jpg

for anyone wanting to do the same some words of advice

1) you need to sand off/use acetone to remove the blue filter from the back of the gauges
2) do not remove the paint from the needles, it is a special "light diffusing" paint. Your best bet is to put colored tape over it (if you are doing red needles)
3) you will have hot spots from just replacing the bulbs with leds, the trick is to use a variety of led's and plastics/white paper to get all the lighting even.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you can find incandescent bulbs that are bright enough and in the color you want, they can help eliminate hotspots as well.

00ex

Reaction score
Looks amazing

Here's my interior ( the only change is that I swapped in a 1w white led for the odometer since it was pretty dim compared to everything else)

lows.jpg

1) you need to sand off/use acetone to remove the blue filter from the back of the gauges
2) do not remove the paint from the needles, it is a special "light diffusing" paint. Your best bet is to put colored tape over it (if you are doing red needles)
3) you will have hot spots from just replacing the bulbs with leds, the trick is to use a variety of led's and plastics/white paper to get all the lighting even.

98eksedan

Reaction score

lows.jpg

Any pics of how u did it? Cluster looks great. Does the color tape need to be transparent?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
Any pics of how u did it? Cluster looks great. Does the color tape need to be transparent?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

completely custom work, i.e its not a plug and play solution, I added a lot of extra LED's to get the even lighting.

v6p is down or else I would post a link

If I ever update my gauges to make the red needles brighter I will try and take pictures to make a DIY ( i can't take it apart without having to recalibrate the gauges which is PITA)

black95gsr

Reaction score
completely custom work, i.e its not a plug and play solution, I added a lot of extra LED's to get the even lighting.

v6p is down or else I would post a link

If I ever update my gauges to make the red needles brighter I will try and take pictures to make a DIY ( i can't take it apart without having to recalibrate the gauges which is PITA)

How exactly did you re calibrate the gauges, because I'm pretty sure mine are off just a little bit. And do you now if the 01-02 cluster will work in the 98-00? because I plugged in my 99, and it seemed like everything worked fine but the temp gauge?

Back