DIY: My Accord TSX Retro

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
I got everything back together and hooked up..came home tonight and noticed all the light where literally on the tree tops..got home and adjusted it as low as i can,still dont have an even cut off..ones higher than the other i can fix that,but the beams arnt straight they kinda slant..is that a BIG issue? i was expecting a nice bright road infront of me,but dont see anything special.. :(
can anybody show me what the TSX cutoffs are suppose to look like so i can attempt to duplicate when I have time

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
TSX cutoff from 25 ft.:

night_25ft.JPG

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I got everything back together and hooked up..came home tonight and noticed all the light where literally on the tree tops..got home and adjusted it as low as i can,still dont have an even cut off..ones higher than the other i can fix that,but the beams arnt straight they kinda slant..is that a BIG issue? i was expecting a nice bright road infront of me,but dont see anything special.. :(
can anybody show me what the TSX cutoffs are suppose to look like so i can attempt to duplicate when I have time
Sounds like they need to be rotated a bit?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I just noticed, this ain't even a damn DIY... he pretty much gave no info on how to cut, align or mount properly etc..

C_S_L

Reaction score
+1 ^ I agree. I been using his pictures step by step without any instructions to do my own TSX retrofit. I gotta admit that it was the annoying @$$ thing I have ever done with my car. I need to still fix my cutoff for my left projector. It took me estimated 80+ hours cause It didnt look right and every other TSX DIY I look at didnt really help but I found my own way now.

brettg4215

Reaction score
so if i use TSX projectors i have to have a custom harness made?
i cant just use any HID ballast that plugs into a D2S bulb?
PM me back please......(highly confused)

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Yes you can use your plug-n-play HID kit. You need to get an AMP-to-d2s connector like below for each side though.

d2connectors00oi9.jpg

C_S_L

Reaction score

to concur with shavedaccord, I have HID kit PnP wiring harness for my TSX retrofit. I bought the DS2 adapter off ebay for $10 bucks and it work just fine.

brettg4215

Reaction score
sweet....
so what was the purpose of the harness he used?
and has anyone tried to do projectors for highs and lows? or is there just not enough room?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
sweet....
so what was the purpose of the harness he used?
and has anyone tried to do projectors for highs and lows? or is there just not enough room?
He had to use a harness because he was using OEM ballasts. It's much safer to run them from a relay harness. Plus the harness allows you to use your stock headlamp switch.

You can do a quad projector setup, I just wouldn't wire it so high beams activate it since HID takes a bit to warm up. You'll basically be running 4 HID projectors on at all times. If you want a high beam function you could run 2 single Xenons & 2 bi-xenon projectors.

Back