DIY painting wheels-worth it?

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
It all comes down to the prep work. In Juicebox's case, he knew how to prep the wheels and all that (using a heat gun, etc etc.) Me, I sanded down the face of the wheels (which took a while), then 3 coats of primer, 3 coats of color, and 3 coats of clear. Now, if I had taken the time to properly prep the wheels, the paint would have been much more durable. You really have to take your time if you want them to come out right. I like the way mine look, but it just won't hold up as well as, say, Juicebox's painted wheels.

XceZs

Reaction score
im painting my wheels today so ill post up pictures after im all done.. im painting my racing harts barney purple let's see how it goes =D

naoandlata

Reaction score
Just do a good job prepping, don't over spray on each coating, and wash your wheels regularly. I didn't do a good job with last part and my wheels look horrible now :(

blackcord

Reaction score
As others have said, prep work is key. And an occasional wax job will help as well. Once you let brake dust cake on with the heat and cool down cycle over a long period, that will eat into the paint and destroy it.

halfpinoythug

Reaction score
i painted my rims myself. came out pretty good too. all about prep work. matte black
2ahus5w.jpg

Lilemosasuke

Reaction score
Just wondering if you guys have any pics of painted SE rims? I'm thinking about paining mine don't I don't want it to look terrible :)

Back