DIY: Prelude/TL/CL Shifter Assembly Swap

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Finally installed. I painted the shifter cover cause it was chipping and for the trim bezel i dont have a Tl one. Accord one doesn't fit right.

6e7c040faeb2c42d33fa60a475ad682e.jpg

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Here's a wire diagram if anyone wants to know the colors of your shifter harness.

99-Model,and 00-03 model Tl,Cl

cd554525d3d252004348be2b27cdf432.jpg

HayyItsRay

Reaction score
Thanks Wht00Accord for the adds. I put them into the DIY so that other people can see your tips within the guide.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Thanks Wht00Accord for the adds. I put them into the DIY so that other people can see your tips within the guide.
No prob it was a pretty easy swap. The only thing is the light on my shifter doesnt light up.. i maybe have to swap my red/blk to solid red and red to red/blk.

I tried swapping bulbs still nothing.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Id like the (note ) i did not use any washers to make my shifter sit flush.

HayyItsRay

Reaction score
If you have a voltmeter make sure your bulb socket is still getting power. I had a similar issue, both bulbs I had weren't working and it weirded me out but I was able to measure some voltage on the socket. Bought replacement LED bulbs and fit it in.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
If you have a voltmeter make sure your bulb socket is still getting power. I had a similar issue, both bulbs I had weren't working and it weirded me out but I was able to measure some voltage on the socket. Bought replacement LED bulbs and fit it in.
Ill have to look into that.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Tried working on my floor shifter light today with my volt meter my red/blk wire was at .10-.11 volts but still didn't turn my light on.

I know it with the old shifter it always worked but with the Tl it doesn't.

I tried flip flopping the wires red/blk to red, red to red/blk still nothing even went as far as check the light bulb thats not burnt.

Back