DIY Threads

james'99

Reaction score
Hey 6GA. I have to say that this forum is great. I love being a part of it. However, as old members die out of the forum, it seems that their DIY pictures fall away too especially in the master list. I think that the pictures are very helpful. Now we could just go taking new pictures, but how could we best insure that the loss of pictures doesn't happen again? It kind of stinks opening up a thread that is filled with, "click here to discover photoshack".

EDIT: I'm sorry for being unclear about this. I am mostly referring to our Master DIY list. It would be highly unreasonable to parse back through all that this site has been through to try to get it back.

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
D/L and host the pictures ourselves. Feel free to put in the time and effort to go through every picture and label and keep track of them

CokeZero

Reaction score
D/L and host the pictures ourselves. Feel free to put in the time and effort to go through every picture and label and keep track of them

Kind of a slap in the face from a "mod". Shows your commitment. As a 6th gen enthusiast you should have a desire to want to preserve our information for others to grow on.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with blkcurrantkords reply. It provided an answer, basically saying it IS possible but really not worth it in the end. It's almost reinventing the wheel. I am mad that some threads I can't get pictures but I'm sure another member can do it and provide new pictures. That's what a real enthusiast would do. We're not here to hurt eachothers feelings, but to learn and help others learn. To my knowledge photobucket seems to work the best with providing images and not broken links.

james'99

Reaction score
My point is, it would be nice if this could be an encyclopedia of everything. I often go to threads where people are telling people to search and then that ends up leading to an old DIY thread with broken pictures. Now what help is that? I understand that what is lost is lost and no one person could bring it back. But our master DIY list is pretty low on pictures due to this being the case in case anyone hasn't noticed. Those are obviously the most important ones and I'm just trying to make the point and make people aware that this is happening. It'd be nice if there were a better way to hold pictures. For instance, generating PDFs of our DIYs and storing them on the site. The pictures are always preserved. Also, a PDF could be printed. For instance, if someone is doing a clutch job and we have a DIY in a nice PDF format, it'd be a lot nicer to refer to a print out rather then whatever other digital medium you may have. I don't know about everyone but I'm not touching my computer with a ten foot pole when I'm covered in who knows what.

CokeZero

Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with blkcurrantkords reply. It provided an answer, basically saying it IS possible but really not worth it in the end. It's almost reinventing the wheel. I am mad that some threads I can't get pictures but I'm sure another member can do it and provide new pictures. That's what a real enthusiast would do. We're not here to hurt eachothers feelings, but to learn and help others learn. To my knowledge photobucket seems to work the best with providing images and not broken links.

This is the problem. To who? You? Of course not. Because at this time you know pretty much everything you need to.

It is however worth it to all the newbies who are trying to learn which will keep the site going and active.

Not caring about preserving our information will be the cause the site becomes inactive & eventually no more.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
When I have time (or if another member would like to do so) I'll go through the master list and find all the threads with images that are MIA and ask for other members if they would like to recreate the DIY but this time with images so that way we may continue to help out other members

CokeZero

Reaction score
When I have time (or if another member would like to do so) I'll go through the master list and find all the threads with images that are MIA and ask for other members if they would like to recreate the DIY but this time with images so that way we may continue to help out other members

:thumbsup:

james'99

Reaction score
I will go at what I can as well. Btw... This is where I was going with that whole PDF thing. I made one quick to show. Be nice if everyone could do something like this and we could compile them... But that's my personal feeling.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mz31tk6fi7xfrdh/DIY Main Relay.pdf?dl=0

Unfortunately, file size limits on the forum were exceeded and could not be directly uploaded.

Back