Do you flash your brights to warn drivers of a cop???

Do you warn oncoming drivers of the police

• Total voters

sikjdm

Reaction score
very common in korea, and it is very common so that if you dont do that for other drivers, you are considered rude/dont have respect for others...

i do it sometimes, but like....only on mountain passes, very deserted area tho...city dirving....not really....

+1 :D i feel ya. haha

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
I do it all the time.
On the radio station I listen to: betwen 5:00 and 6:00 p.m. they have this little thing they call "cruise control." The DJ asks that everyone who sees a cop hiding anywhere to call in immediately and report where they are so everybody else slows down and doesn't get pulled over. Every time a song is over, the DJ announces where all the cops are. I call in all the time. At first there was a big stink about it and cops kept calling telling the DJ to stop. But he found out it wasn't illegal and if anything, it actually encourages safe driving. Now that portion of the show is sponsored by a local DUI attorney haha. It is hilarious when a cop calls in and tries to give the DJ hell. The DJ always just says "So you don't want everyone to slow down and be safe?" And the cop is always like "Uhh.....uhhh.......uhhhh....." then usually says something stupid and hangs up.

beardohio

Reaction score
Haha nice, I especially flash my lights/call my friends towards the end of the month because they're always out everywhere.

savesday04

Reaction score
I do sometimes but i also flash my brights when other have theirs on also. Once i flashed my brights at an oncoming car who had theirs on and it ended up being a cop. Luckily my house was right up the road and i pulled into my garage and not but a few seconds later he came flying by.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
^^^^^Well, technically that's a legimit excuse.
If he pulled me over I would have said, well you had your high beams on and I was flashing mine to let you know.
Of course he would have denied it though....LOL

Technically, I don't see it geing against the law to warn oncoming vehicles that a cop is near

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I do it all the time.
On the radio station I listen to: betwen 5:00 and 6:00 p.m. they have this little thing they call "cruise control." The DJ asks that everyone who sees a cop hiding anywhere to call in immediately and report where they are so everybody else slows down and doesn't get pulled over. Every time a song is over, the DJ announces where all the cops are. I call in all the time. At first there was a big stink about it and cops kept calling telling the DJ to stop. But he found out it wasn't illegal and if anything, it actually encourages safe driving. Now that portion of the show is sponsored by a local DUI attorney haha. It is hilarious when a cop calls in and tries to give the DJ hell. The DJ always just says "So you don't want everyone to slow down and be safe?" And the cop is always like "Uhh.....uhhh.......uhhhh....." then usually says something stupid and hangs up.

They had a similar thing on the station I listened to in Jacksonville called "Road Rage" in the afternoons.

Matt knows what I'm talking about.

6thgenGerardoh1

Reaction score
i i was thought it was lucky, because when i see high beams i saw a cop a few seconds later i thought it was always a GOOD sign, lol

Back