does anyone have a block heater on 98 accord l4 stick?

[email protected].

Reaction score
I installed the Honda block heater when it was less than a month old... comin' up on 16 years. One of the best things I've done for the car, and not a very bad install.

If I know it's going to drop to 10* or lower I plug it in before bed. But so that it doesn't suck electricity all night, I have it on a timer set to come on ~3 hours before I'll drive it.

It serves three purposes. Because it's basically the same as starting it on a warm day, the oil is up in the cylinders a lot faster than a stone cold engine at zero degrees, so there's less internal wear. Also, it's obviously easier on the battery. Plus, there's heat coming out of the heater in just a few blocks instead of several miles.

Do it!

xlino

Reaction score
I installed the Honda block heater when it was less than a month old... comin' up on 16 years. One of the best things I've done for the car, and not a very bad install.

If I know it's going to drop to 10* or lower I plug it in before bed. But so that it doesn't suck electricity all night, I have it on a timer set to come on ~3 hours before I'll drive it.

It serves three purposes. Because it's basically the same as starting it on a warm day, the oil is up in the cylinders a lot faster than a stone cold engine at zero degrees, so there's less internal wear. Also, it's obviously easier on the battery. Plus, there's heat coming out of the heater in just a few blocks instead of several miles.

Do it!

Hey!!! Do you have a part number? Or where can I get it? Does it fit on 98?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Nice guide, but funny how the manual there says it's for a 2001 Accord, but the picture and install is for a CD5 5thgen!

OOPS Honda!!!

:fca5278e:

[email protected].

Reaction score
Hey!!! Do you have a part number? Or where can I get it? Does it fit on 98?

Sorry, I don't have the part number. My car's a '98, and I bought the heater from the parts dept. at the dealer where I bought the car.

I didn't monkey around with taking out the front turn signal to route the wiring either.

Back