Doing H22 swap tomorrow need some help

bjorkmae

Reaction score
Ok so I bought a p13 from a jdm h22a prelude and got the obd2b to obd1 adapter harness. Now I can also hook up the IABS Correctly and not just to the vtech solenoid. Iabs hook uhttp://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/GhostAccord/Odds-n-sodds/iab-vacuum-diagram-1.gif to A17 on a OBD1 ecu. To as for as the idle control valve the my 98 accord only had 1 idle control motor, but your saying a h22a obd1 has 2? One is fast and non electrical and one is electrical and both have coolant going through them. Currently the coolant isn't going through them. Should I make it so coolant goes through them?

bjorkmae

Reaction score
Ok so I got the idle problem fixed. It was the fast idle control valve. I cleaned it and blocked it. Then I had to raise the idle screw a bit so the car would idle above 400 rpm and now it idles perfectly at 800-1000 rpm. I tried the obd1 computer and even with the vafc increasing fuel by 50% the engine died when I tried to asccelerate. vSo what is the flow rate of 98 accord injectors?

Drift

Reaction score
somewhere in the 250cc range. The stock h22 injectors are 310cc.

bjorkmae

Reaction score
Not that I doubt you, because I don't but I have read that the obd1 h22 injectors are 345cc in one place, 330, in another, and you say they are 310cc? Does anyone have solid numbers on both the f23a1 stock injectors and the stock obd1 h22a injectors. I need it for a baseline setting for my VAFC which will allow me to add or subtract fuel in 1% increments.

bjorkmae

Reaction score
Ok what if I just bought some 310cc high impedance injectors from horsepower freaks? They are 20 minutes away so its not too hard to get them. Would that make it pretty much a plug and play swap so I wouldn't need to use the vafc just to get the car to run and could leave it a 0% adjustment for now? Because if I use the high impedance 310cc injectors I wouldn't need the resistor pack and they would be the same flow rate as stock h22 obd1 injectors.

Drift

Reaction score
Ive been running saturated 310cc injectors for 3 years now with no issues. Ive been on the dyno probably 10 times (We have one at my shop) and I know that they are the same size as stock. Im also using the stock f23 fuel pump and have no fuel issues whatsoever.

bjorkmae

Reaction score
Well thats great news because I just bought 310cc high impedance injectors, about 30 min ago. Along with the OBD1 to OBD2 adapters so I don't have to splice my harness. I actually bought them at VIP Performance, who offered to chip my ecu with chrome and put a base tune on it for $100 and dyno tune the car for $100 an hour and said it would take 2 hours. So $300 total and I can have a dyno tuned car if I want. I might decide to get something else that they offered that was actually OBD2 and would allow me to get through DEQ because it emulates rediness codes. :) Kinda spendy but might be worth it to have it work right. The shop I bought the injectors from had a book with injector specs and they told me 310 cc as well. Whats amazing is how good the car feels and yet I haven't floored it yet, feels like tons of potential not to mention the 7800rpm redline I am about to enjoy :) :) :) :) Thanks for your help!!

Drift

Reaction score
Well thats great news because I just bought 310cc high impedance injectors, about 30 min ago. Along with the OBD1 to OBD2 adapters so I don't have to splice my harness. I actually bought them at VIP Performance, who offered to chip my ecu with chrome and put a base tune on it for $100 and dyno tune the car for $100 an hour and said it would take 2 hours. So $300 total and I can have a dyno tuned car if I want. I might decide to get something else that they offered that was actually OBD2 and would allow me to get through DEQ because it emulates rediness codes. :) Kinda spendy but might be worth it to have it work right. The shop I bought the injectors from had a book with injector specs and they told me 310 cc as well. Whats amazing is how good the car feels and yet I haven't floored it yet, feels like tons of potential not to mention the 7800rpm redline I am about to enjoy :) :) :) :) Thanks for your help!!

Wait, what this about OBDII?

bjorkmae

Reaction score
The injector plug connections on my new 310 cc injectors are obd1 style, according to the shop I bought them at. My 98 accord harness has obd2 style injector plugs. The adapters I bought plug into the new injectors and my 98 accord harness. The difference in plug is that the older style injectors are rectangular in shape and the new ones have two rounded corners.

Drift

Reaction score
The injector plug connections on my new 310 cc injectors are obd1 style, according to the shop I bought them at. My 98 accord harness has obd2 style injector plugs. The adapters I bought plug into the new injectors and my 98 accord harness. The difference in plug is that the older style injectors are rectangular in shape and the new ones have two rounded corners.

Is there a question in there? or was that a statement?

Back