Doing H22 swap tomorrow need some help

bjorkmae

Reaction score
Oh sorry I thought you were talking about the adapters. Ok so here in Oregon for emissions, aka DEQ, they just plug into your OBD2 port and check for readiness codes. As long as the readiness codes are there and the car isn't smoking, no check engine light, and isn't excessively loud you pass emissions. VIP Performance offered something that is a completely tunable system like chrome or hondata but can emulate OBD2 rediness codes so you can pass emissions.

Drift

Reaction score
VIP Performance offered something that is a completely tunable system like chrome or hondata but can emulate OBD2 rediness codes so you can pass emissions.

I am VERY interested. Any more info on this?

bjorkmae

Reaction score
I will let you know as I will ask. OK so heres the deal. I installed the 310cc injectors and the obd1 ecu and it idled ok at first and then started idle hunting as soon as I hit the throttle unless I shut it down and restarted and the cycle would repeat. Also it will allow me to hit 7800 rpm but is lacking power and appears to be excessively lean, using cheap o2 meter not wideband. I know the cheap ones are 99% worthless but it at least lets me know its excessively lean/help with diagnosis. So I reinstalled the original accord computer and used my vafc to reduce fuel by 19% to compensate for the bigger injectors. It runs ok this way like it did before with the accord injectors but of course its not tuned for this engine. Any ideas? I think I am going to have to have the computer dyno tuned. My obd1 ecu has 37820-p13-n01 on it so I know its for an H22.

bjorkmae

Reaction score
OK so the car is going on the dyno Monday at 9:00AM! I am excited!! I bought a P28 ECU pre-chipped and ready to tune with crome for $250. Unfortunately they said they couldn't tune my P13. I should have bought the P28 offered earlier in this post and had it chipped for $100 but I thought I didn't need it since I had bought a computer that was supposed to be plug and play with my vafc. They said that if I want to add an exhaust now is the time so they can tune for it. They recommended 2.25 for a stock H22.

bjorkmae

Reaction score
Ok so I got the car to the dyno and they said that the vtec wasn't engaging. They said that they tried engaging it by applying 12 volts to the solenoid and that didn't work. They did test the vtec plug for power and they got power at the right rpm. the also check for oil in the front port and only got 5psi, which is why vtec isn't engaging. Thats were they let it until I get it fixed. So please help! Solenoid seams to be clicking, the oil screens on it are clean and if I start to barely loosen the bolts holding down the vtec solenoid it start to spew oil. My oil is full and clean and the engine is healthy at 250psi in each cylinder. I read something about doing it the same way an LSvtec is down for vtec engagement as a fix? HELP!!

Drift

Reaction score
Is there continuity between the vtec pressure switch and the ECU?

bjorkmae

Reaction score
I haven't personally checked it, but the shop did and said that there wasn't. The left my vafc in so I can reduce fuel 19% and use my factor accord ecu for emissions but disconnected the vtec wires of the vafc and reconnected the factoryt vtec wires to the ecu. They tested it and said that now they were getting 12 volts at the solenoid when vtec was supposed to activate but that they still weren't getting vtec to engage and that they were only getting 5psi of oil pressure at the front port on the head. They even tried activating vtec with 12volts directly and it didn't work. The solenoid clicks when 12v is applied and I took the solenoid assembly off of the head dissasembled it and cleaned it out and reinstalled it and vtec still doesn't work. They found it odd that the computer didn't set a code from the vtec not working due to a pressure switch, but if I remember correctly the vafc had cut a VTM wire at the ecu and hook up a blue wire from the vafc to the vtm wire into the ecu and leave the engine side of the vtm wire alone, so if the wtm wire is for the vtec then perhaps the vafc is giving the computer the pressure signal and preventing the computer code. So they tested the port on the pront of the head right by the radiator hose and they only got 5psi, I got nothing when I took out the plug and revved up the engine with a rag ready just in case. So is that port supposed to have oil pressure all the time or just when vtec engages?

bjorkmae

Reaction score
OK I personally checked the vtec wire and it has power all the time. Seams odd, shouldn't it only have power above 5k rpm? I tried both my obd1 and obd2b computer and even verified the pinout and the solenoid has power all of the time seams odd.

Back