Don't know how to choose! HELP ME!

kconn

Reaction score
Ok well heres my problem...

I decided to go with a more stealth look on the exhaust system for my car so I am gonna be buying a vibrant flat black muffler... Question is What size piping should I get and what would you recomend best fit for our 4cyl cars (not v6).

I have 2.25, 2.5, and 3.0 to choose from... What do you think?

I have had thoughts of boost in the future but not for a long while , but is a possibility. Mostly plan on running NA for long time So let me know what the best option would be..

Currently have a Silverline ANSA Axle-Back exhaust with 2.5 piping (Sounds amazing!) - Up for sale is anybody wants dibs!!

Thanks guys
-Kyle

kconn

Reaction score
id like to compare 2.25 with 2.5 see who feels a better improvement. But also at a muffler shop when they put a resonator on for you? do they put an after market one on or do they just weld the stock one on to the new piping?

turbocayenne

Reaction score
i think the stock resonator wont fit after u change your piping size. U need to install bigger resonator. For NA, 2.25 is good enough

nexTOme

Reaction score
i have custom exhaust with 2.25 piping. good enough like said above. 2.25 or 2.5 is good enough and you dont wanna go bigger. FI needs freeflow exhaust so 3.00+ will be optimal.

i have vibrant resonator. had it for roughly 6month now, and its so far so good. only heard good things about vibrant. GL with everything bro!

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
i'm in the same boat kyle. I know hassan (pyaarawala) has also been looking into the vibrants before he found his skunk2 (right?). anyways, you would want to buy a resonator of your choice to go along with the muffler. Like Jae said, Vibrant resonators have a pretty good rep, and getting a longer one will be better.

So get an 18" Vibrant Resonator, either 2.25 or 2.5 piping, doesn't much matter, and your muffler and you're good to go! :thumbsup:

kconn

Reaction score
Yeah i figured id have to buy my own resonator for best quality... but thanks guys i think ima go with 2.25 then because the boost thing will probably never happen maybe NOS but not boost lol, and now that i think of it 2.25 is what all my car buddies here in Tampa told me to get lol

Thanks

kconn

Reaction score
i just found a site that sell both muffler and resonator i want but whats the difference between a 12'' resonator vs a 18''? does it make things queiter or wwhat ?

Back