Driving

Neight

Reaction score
I slammed into an SUV last month....apparently the accords can actually take a hit...I ended up smashing up his front axle pretty bad, so bad he had to be towed away..I just drove home.

juicebox00

Reaction score
pics of this so called incident. And when i first got my car i drove through a parked saturn starting from the trunk to the left passenger door and only dented my fender, scratched my hood, bent my front bumper, and broke a headlight as while their car was totalled and up on their lawn. btw i was going between 15-20mph...lol. didn't realize the "fog" onmy windshield was ice until it was to late and i hit it blind... i always check my windshield for ice now...

drifthobo

Reaction score
frealz, our cars a tank... my friend rear ended me and i only had scuffs and a small little hole. His car was totaled... radiator popped, fender and bumper bent in, hood gone, etc.

cajun

Reaction score
In general the car doing the rear-ending will have way more damage. Most cars have big a** beams running across the the rear, while the front is designed to crumple like a coke can to absorb the hit.

My wife was hit (low speed) in our Sienna a few weeks ago by an Avalon. I got there, looked at the van and only saw paint scratches on the rear bumper cover. The Avalon's left corner looked like it ran into a brick wall - the hood, fender and front cover were crumpled in pretty bad. I saw the van later at the shop with the cover removed. The beam underneath looked untouched.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I got rear ended by an Abrams and it exploded on impact. My car was fine.

Back