eBay piping + aftermarket exhaust?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Alright, so I've been searching around and was wondering, is anyone running eBay pipings and let's say to a magnaflow/Apexi/comptech muffler?

From what I see, piping is piping correct? Im not sure how much a shop would charge for custom piping and welding, but what if i get a Apexi WSI/II and get an ebay aftermarket exhaust system with 2.25-2.5in piping for $80 then cut the canister and weld the muffler, would that be the same as having a shop do customer piping and weld on the catback/axleback for you or will the exhaust have to be modded to fit correctly such as the hangers and etc.

Or should I just take the more expensive route and have a shop do custom piping and weld the muffler

My cousin owns an autobody shop, so I'm pretty sure welding a muffler shouldn't be a though time for him if I decide to take the cheaper route.

Not getting an exhaust system soon, but it is better to ask now than later right?

Oh and since it is near impossible to find a Apexi WS/WS2, what if I bought one that was meant to be for a civic/integra/rsx/prelude, will all that needs to be modified is the part where it hangs to the car?

Narftastic

Reaction score
I wouldn't cheap out on something as serious as a exhaust system... Piping is piping but the eBay piping mite be thinner and not last as long as the named brand piping will. eBay is most likely a cheap steel material.

Think of it as going to a dollar store n buying zipties then going to homedepot and buying zipties... There ment to do the same thing but the quality is completely different. Don't know if this helped but good luck with whatever you decide to do :thumbsup:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, was just wondering how it will hold up and handle. I already have a local muffler shop to get custom work done for a reasonable price, but was just wondering if people ran this setup on lowered cars and how it handled :).

NotNice

Reaction score
ebay is stainless steel. dont no if anything bad about it but i just dont like it. (it smells) the shops uses aluminized pipes that the car comes with from factory. and pipes wont cost that much its the bending. but if your cousin owns a muffler shop. im sure 80 would cover pipes and bending and mabey even to weld on the muffler. someone wanted to charge me 185 for a v6 for the full exhaust and bending. so i say cut in half cuz they were over charging me.

Elite1JDM

Reaction score
Ya my friend did it. Got the catback for 80$the chopped the canister
Off and put a ws2 look alike muffler! It looks tits and sounds beasty
its called a Megan mo-e muffler! He paid 120$ for the muffler. Not
bad, can't vouch for the material but he hasn't had issues! Get 2.5"
Its better for our 2.3 liters! Good luck on that sir!

IllCG301

Reaction score
I have ebay piping but i have a magnaflow resignator and magnaflow muffler from my old exhaust welded on to it. It sounds just like the magnaflow exhaust that was on my car, not to loud not to quiet just right

jdmcg3

Reaction score
im rocking the ebay apexi N1 exhaust.. honestly i love it.. it sounds perfect and i get nothing but good things said on the way it sounds from friends. they say its kinda loud but i also deleted both resonators.

but if i were you.. i;d go name band.. i know im soon to swap over to a better exhaust setup even with having only good things to say about the knock off

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The main thing to look for with piping is the material.

Ebay has a slick way of making things seem legit, but they are not, so you want to be very thorough in reading the product details and/or contacting the seller about what the piping is actually made of.

Secondly, if your cousin owns a shop, can he not hook you up with a deal on piping?

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
A bunch of my friends did full ebay exhausts. Sounded good but being low and scraping puts holes in it fast

Back