Eld

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Anybody here ever bypass their electric load detector ? My bettery dies at random I've checked for drain and there is nothing. I just put in new alternator and battery is fairly new I have a digital cap and I noticed quite often the car runs at 12v unless u turn on the headlights (which I do now everytime I drive) or ac. I called honda the guy shows no listing and has never heard of such a thing I find that quite funny. So I got one from the wreckers and it still seems the same. I'm gonna have my alternator and battery bench tested tomorrow, just was wondering if anybody ever encountered the same problem.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Hook up a scan tool and see if it throws a P1298 for the ELD. Its a soft code so it wouldnt turn on the CEL.

Sounds more of a parasitic drain somewhere. I would do a amperage test at the battery to see how much you are draining with everything off... Make sure you use an ammeter or DMM and hook it up IN SERIES not parallel. Google parasitic drain test if you need to.

EDIT: With the engine one you should be running closer to 14volts at the battery. Alternator could be faulty, just because its new doesn't mean it works properly.

Last edited:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I checked for drain it seems normal, when the engine starts and idles I'm at like 14.3/14.4 when I drive it drops at random to 12v then back to 14v

I never knew its a soft code imma check that...

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bc technically in the Honda catalog for these vehicles it's not a seperate part.

However - the common one is 38255-S5A-003

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Bc technically in the Honda catalog for these vehicles it's not a seperate part.

However - the common one is 38255-S5A-003

good to know.. I seen that one on ebay/amazon, I think the fuse box might need to be modified a bit I think our eld has a corner shaved off. I could be wrong though.

So I scanned the car no code at all.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Here is our eld the plug is centered and the corner is shaved off. I'm sure it's a minor mod to make that one fit though.

RichBinAZ

Reaction score
I checked for drain it seems normal, when the engine starts and idles I'm at like 14.3/14.4 when I drive it drops at random to 12v then back to 14v

That drop sounds like a loose or corroded connection somewhere.

Back