Engine mount?

RayRay

Reaction score
I've been having this clicking sound comming from my 02 accord when im at a dead stop and when i take off it clicks and people have been telling me its my cv joint/boot but i just got back from an auto shop and they said its my cracked front/rear engine mount thats making the noise. Does anybody know if this is true. The sound of a broken cv/joint vs a engine mount

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
sounds like a CV joint to me, mine was blown and it made very similiar sounds, if i were you i'd inspect the CV boot, its an easy repair

nexTOme

Reaction score
+1 on cv joint.

you can easily check your engine mount and eliminate them

RayRay

Reaction score
the engine mount is cracked but the guy at the shop just went under the car w/o jacking it up and took him about 30 seconds and said it wasnt my cv joint. is he lying =(

RayRay

Reaction score
Turns out that its none of those things according to les schwab. According to them i need a 4 wheel alighment, a radius arm installed, and strut rod bushing.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Les schwab tells everyone they need a 4 wheel alignment and new bushings. If ur engine mount is bad your car shud be vibrating like crazy. Most of the time a bad cv joint could be a split boot, but thats not always the case. I have a bad cv joint and the boot is perfectly fine.

Why dont you crawl under your car and look around. Buy a haynes manual or chiltons and look at the pictures and diagrams to help you diagnose your problem. A bad cv joint will click on sharp turning, stop and go activities with your vehicle. I never trust any mechanic. I hate them actually. Becuase most of them are out to make a dollar. If I cant fix the problem myself, its because I dont have the tools to fix it. So if I go to a shop, I tell them exactly what to fix and nothing else. That usually does the trick.

Last edited:

RayRay

Reaction score
ahh, I have no idea anymore haha, both the shops i went to said it wasn't the cv joint or boot. Im gonna have my dad's friend look at it and hopefully he finds whats wrong with it.

Back