Engine Theory, Build, Etc Discussion.

SNEAK189

Reaction score
i want to put a k20 swap in my 99 accord sedan can anyone help me by telling me if they sell mounts for that setup or is there any modifications that need to be done plz help thank you...:hmmm2:

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
search. there are no mounts or anything, everything has to be custom. that's all im saying. there is much more info on this forum about a k swap in our cars..

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Figured this is a good spot for the question.

Anyone who has done the J-series swap, and getting a tranny code, is there a fix for this?

Not sure if it's just an auto thing, or if the 6spd swaps have the same issue.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The 1656? Everyone using Rich's module will have that code, but it doesn't trigger a CEL. But if you get a CEL for something else like a o2 or sensor something, the 1656 will show up when the codes are read. So basically it's always there, but doesn't trigger the light.

People who didn't use the module may have a way around it.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I have to check the e-test paper again, since I don't remember if that's the code.

I haven't gotten a clear diagnosis about what it is either, so that is the next thing on my list.

If the 1656 code doesn't trigger a CEL, then I don't think that is the one.

I'll take a look and report back.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
1656 - It's a code for auto tranny problem but, for your swap it should be the TCS system

With the Acura ECU, the VCS in the Acura ECU is not compatible with the Accord TCS system. So, there is a conflict. Your TCS light should be on now, correct?
If this is the case; There is no fix for it, it will always be there.

If you have a CEL, that is maybe from code 1607 which is PCM error.
for your swap, most likely immobilizer.

iDReamer36

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and accords. I have a 98 coupe ex which means I have a f23a motor. As much as I would love to swap in a j35a8 motor i don't have the funds for that right now so i just want to make the motor I have now run better. It's actually a JDM motor that had about 30-40k miles on it when I put it in. All I did was put some headers on it nothing crazy and the car already came with an exhaust (which is too loud for me). Anyways here's my question, What would you guys recommend being a good next step?

jdmcg5f23a1

Reaction score
ive done lots of research on the h22 and f20b and seems like nobody likes the f20b only cuz it has less torque than an h22. sum people prefer the g23 to the f20b which is cool yet interested as to how good is it? i like happy high revving 4cyl vtecs they seem to perform well and make good power. i love how the b16 and gsr rev high and the f20b revs high also. so what is the big deal with the dislike of f2ob or f23a1 builds? not here on 6ga but alot of other forums ive been on dont like the accord or the prelude or the swaps. i just want to be able to stomp on a gsr and b16 with out a sweat and without boost or juice? any advice for a fellow accord lover?

jdmcg5f23a1

Reaction score
My dash is showing abs light but when I scan it comes up blank? Also I think my vtec solenoid is clogged or maybe the seal is bad cuz it's leaking. So cuz of the leak I don't think my solenoid is receiving the proper oil pressure to engage vtec. My vtec at the moment is hit and miss. Any advice or suggestions?

Back