f20b Don't flame.

PilotingTot

Reaction score
So my Local JDM shop has an F20b Complete swap with LSD tranny. with everything from just under 2500$. At the same shop there is a H22a swap with lsd tranny, but missing things like drive shafts and what not. selling f0r just about 2200$

To match everything that the f20b has on h22a, the prices would be similar though the H22a would be close to 3300$ after i bought everything i need that isn't offerd on the h22a swap like the f20b swap

I understand the diffrences in both engines and i know the h22a is just a better option. but for what i'm looking the f20b fits the bill.

I just wanted some input. I know there are some threads that talk about it, But they are all really old.

Let me know what you think and wich one is easyer to drop in the car.

Thanks

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
I'm going to say the H22 just cause you don't really hear about people swapping the f20. Plus if your doing it yourself there's plenty of guys on were with h swaps that you can ask.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Basically the F20 has less torkz and higher revs.

I'd go with the H if it were me. I'll take the torque.

Drift

Reaction score
Basically the F20 has less torkz and higher revs.

I'd go with the H if it were me. I'll take the torque.

Word.

And if your car is a 5spd to begin with, you can use all you axles and intermediate shafts from the f23.

Atreidies

Reaction score
H all day. It's the POTENTIAL of that motor that appeals to me. F20b is already at it's limits, as an NA motor.

Drift

Reaction score

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Actually, that's not entirely accurate. The F20 was originally designed for the BTCC in the 2.0l class. Honda didnt have a 2.0l to compete with, so they took the h22 and de-stroked it. They also spun the head around so that the intake manifold is in the front of the car.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2359528

Actually it is accurate. The BTCC accord was completely gutted for racing, our cars weigh over 3,000lbs.

Back