F23 bolt-ons and California emissions

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
unless u're gangster like my cousin's friend and take off your turbo for smog. lol he does it for his supra.

INK DEMON

Reaction score
Well I'm no expert but I would imagine that cam gear and fuel pressure regulator had more to do with the failure than the intake did... The place that I go to for the smog doesn't trip about aftermarket parts being installed... But with that being said, they also wouldn't pass me if the car actually failed.

NASOHC

Reaction score
To seal this topic... depending on the experience of the smog tech and info. they've been given, let's just say he goes by the bok and knows what to look for. You can install CAI and Header if CARB tag has been issued. You can also install a cam where the VTEC lobes have been modified since these cars only get tested under load (on dyno) but under 2500 RPMs. Underdrive crank pulleys won't be an issue as well since it's not noticeable. Exhaust system is cool as long as it's a Cat Back and not excessively loud. You could also try getting by with a 68mm TB from InLine4 which looks stock and bolts up nicely (no cruise control though) and match porting intake, head etc. won't matter if you get that into it. After you pass smog, get an AEM management ECU and tune the car for max performance (manual only). Good luck.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I have no experience with my car because it's stock. The 5th gen i used to drive (was my little bro's but we shared cars alot) had no issues with I/E/H

Be sure to keep your carb stickers. Put them somewhere under the hood, or on the part itself. I recommend putting it on the part if you can so you can sell it easily.

You may end up arguing over what is legal and not with the person. Have them throughly explain why, most people who won't pass you don't know. When they can't explain, they give up and pass you. My talon was almost failed because of polished stock parts (even though it had non carb legal mods the dude didn't catch).

I had to convince the guy on my last smog check that i had a stock engine in my accord. He was going to fail me for an engine swap. My car is bone stock under the hood but the VC was painted. I told him that he has the serial number, engine code, etc, right on the block, pointed to it, he just wanted to screw me. So yeah, it can be a pain.

Back