F23 NA BUILD 200whp or bust.......

boorishid

Reaction score
Not trying to thread jack here....

Why 4-2-1? i was under the impression that the kamakazee 4-1 headers were better for engines making more power, am i wrong? Im trying to get a build togather too and havent looked into headers that much but, just taking a step at a time.

My whole concentration is on getting the h23manifold on and head work atm

michaelp4283

Reaction score
kamikaze makes a terrible header for NA it is designed better for supercharged applications. Only good thing about it is the collector size at 2.5" they're dirt cheap headers, I'd rather use an ebay 4-2-1 with a collector mod.

NASOHC

Reaction score
Hey, it's a money pit for sure. Hope my results tomorrow are worth the $. Good luck!

Atreidies

Reaction score
kamikaze makes a terrible header for NA it is designed better for supercharged applications. Only good thing about it is the collector size at 2.5" they're dirt cheap headers, I'd rather use an ebay 4-2-1 with a collector mod.

The problem with Kamikaze's product is it isn't clean. The primaries tend to have sloppy welds that will impede flow at the flange. I have used them and just cleaned them up before installing. I would rather do that than go chopping one up to weld up a bigger collector. As far 4-2-1 vs. 4-1, 4-1 will make a little more power, but your mid-range torque will suffer some. Depends on what you are trying to do with the build.

Led_zeppelin

Reaction score
Thread From The Dead I Know . . . .But Hell Whats Up With This Build I'm Curious !! We Wantz Update :rock::squintrun::rock:

Back