Failed CO Emissions BAD!!! UPDATED

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
My NOx was over twice what it should be and HC was very close. I do have a CEL for rear o2 even after replacing the sensor. So my car is pig rich from what I understand. After the test so far I've done and oil change, new spark plugs. I also have CEL for a CYP Low voltage. VTEC Solenoid(needs cleaned), and one other I dont remember. Im going to scan my paperwork in tomorrow so everyone can see my numbers, but for now some basic suggestions would be nice as this is my first time dealing with this.

This is for the Accord BTW

UPDATED IN LAST POST!:redface2:

Last edited:

finch13

Reaction score
Re: Failed CO Emissions BAD!!!

Check to see if there's oil leaking from the lower timing cover. You're probably going to have to replace the sensor(s) at the crank.

Post up the actual codes.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score

jarred! :jarred:

CO has smog tests? :eh:

Drift

Reaction score

off topic, what year and number is the GVR4? My old track car was #300 from 1991.

The codes would help, and you should definitely replace the CYP sensor, I cant imagine the car running very well right now.

GlassJAw

Reaction score

Could be well off the beaten path here but..... have you cleaned out the EGR System at all since you've owned the car??

Totalimmortal

Reaction score

IIRC i replaced the EGR valve about two years ago and cleaned all the ports. It couldnt hurt to do it again though......

Totalimmortal

Reaction score

Should a reroute the breather in my valve cover back into my intake?? Just popped into my head....

Back