FINALLY!!! My basement just got really messy!

slowrider87

Reaction score
It's been a while coming, but finally landed the beginning of my build.
JDM H22a4 (yeah yeah yeah some of you are thinking "how is it JDM if it's an 'a4'" read the vin. japan didn't only make the h22a, they did them all, after all honda is a japanese company)

It's in pieces right now but other than the crank and some dust and oil residue it's in pretty immaculate condition. bought it from my boy. he asked $100, but after inspecting the parts i gave him $200 cuz he's my boy, and either way it's a steal (and it's what he originally asked almost a year ago). only thing missing is one of the balance shafts.

there will be alot of questions and pictures as i get it going for now i'm just trying to clean it up and get it on the stand (need some tranny bolts if anyone could get back to me on the thread pitch of those so i can go buy some for the stand that'd be awesome!)

enough babbling from me, onto the pics!

Haven't really cleaned anything up yet.
102_2411.jpg

102_2409.jpg

102_2408.jpg

102_2406.jpg

102_2405.jpg

102_2404.jpg

102_2403.jpg

102_2402.jpg

102_2400.jpg

**didn't know what section to put this in and didn't want to clutter my ride thread. please move as necessary***

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Nice!

Always enjoy seeing an engine build thread.

Good use of space in the basement!

Any plans for a turbo down the road, or just staying N/A?

Not sure but can the Jackson Racing S/C be used on the JDM H22?

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
damn hope your engine is hungry for tubine fins and your piston walls dont mind being scared up

slowrider87

Reaction score
damn hope your engine is hungry for tubine fins and your piston walls dont mind being scared up

what are you trying to say? i'm not capable or intelligent enough to successfully complete a "reliable" (for lack of better word) turbo build? it's been done before, by several people on here. it's not cheap but what the hell is money?

if you don't know how much time and research some people put into these to avoid making the mistakes the people who have failed made because this is what they love doing then please don't be the hope and dream crushing pessimist in my thread.

if you do know something about what i'm working with so far that i don't please enlighten me. i'm open and appreciate peoples opinions. but don't play off your opinions to be fact. theres a lot that i have that may be changed up for reasons i don't feel like explaining right now because i have places to be and don't want to spend that much time typing it all out.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Might be talking about the china "ebay" turbo...but Iv been running mine for 4years at 7psi no issues.
and also the h22s arnt really turbo friendly.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
Deffinatly not talking about anyones skill or know how especially when I dont know ya. I do wish you good luck on the build though.

I was refering to the china turbo something I personally would never do. I also was refering to the frm sleves the h22 has they are known to need sleving before doing anything besides bolt ons. Otherwise your just flipping a one sided coin every few days.

akoutmos

Reaction score
^ exactly what he said. H22s do not boost well stock, unless its only a few pounds, and eBay turbos......are eBay turbos. Companies like Garrett and Borg Warner do massive amounts of r&d and quality control on their turbines. Not to mention the materials they use and casting techniques of are much higher quality. They are meant to last. Can't say the Chinese places that make these take the same precautions.

Back