flip out head unit

tunerbum147

Reaction score
okay so i need some help. my sister is looking for a flip out head unit for her 2004 accord. i know their are threads about head units and everything but she needs one that is flip out with an ipod hook up and navigation built in. not really sure of good or bad ones so i need help finding her one. any help would be great.

botang47

Reaction score
go with a high quality double-din unit like the avic-x710bt for a more oem look, but get a good alarm system to go along with it

xx24xx

Reaction score
Kenwood is really nice. So is Pioneer. The price rage is really broad so see what features she can afford then...

DOIT.jpg

DaSmittyman

Reaction score
im not 100% sure how the 7gen looks, but if you get a flip out be aware its probably gonna block the controls to the A/C or at least with the 6 gen thats how it is. When i make the step and spend at least 500+ for a good head unit double din is win

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
Flip outs are soo 2005 do yourself a favor and go with something a little more modern/oem looking... Plus she's a girl so u can't tell me she doesn't care about looks. When it comes to brands look for Kenwood, Pioneer and my favorite which is Alpine but then again I have amps and an expensive audio setup so a cheap double din isn't an option much less a flip out.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Why the preference for a flip out?

I would suggest that she take a look at various double din units, non-flip out/touch screen and see if there isn't something that she may prefer over a flip out.

If it's for security reasons why she wants a flip out, ok, but if thieves want to break in to the car they will regardless.

dynasty

Reaction score
DO NOT buy the "Dual" brand. i flipped it out and now i can't flip it back in. lost control of everything when the unit is flipped out. finally found a way to flip it back in but defeats the purpose of flip-out unit.

Back