Front 6.5" Speaker installation (doors)

adiseshu

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I've a '99 Accord LX, and today when I opened the front tweeter grill (in the dash) to take a look, I could not see see any tweeter there.

Are these tweeters only present in the EX version of the Accord?

Thanks.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I've a '99 Accord LX, and today when I opened the front tweeter grill (in the dash) to take a look, I could not see see any tweeter there.

Are these tweeters only present in the EX version of the Accord?

Thanks.

Pretty sure that's so. Atleast, here's my theory...

Factory tweeters only come with the factory CD changer, WHICH only comes in EX, and possibly SE versions. Just my guess...

They're nothing to brag about, but having the wiring already there is a plus.

adiseshu

Reaction score
What a great forum! I was scratching my head, wondering how these tweeters had disappeared, and its really wonderful to have my question answered within a day.

I was looking to install component speakers in the front in my Accord to improve the really weak factory sound, but it looks like the dash can now be ruled out for the tweeters. Its going to be too difficult if the wires are not already in place.

Thanks.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Actually, it's not all that difficult.

You can pull the lower dash cover off (the one in front of your legs if you were sitting in the seat), and 'fish' a straightened coat hanger down through the tweeter hole. Usually it will make it straight through without getting caught in just a few tries.

Now, running wire through the door for the crossover... THAT can be difficult. Search some more, because I believe that process has already been covered in this particular forum.

sikjdm

Reaction score
hey
on your rear speakers, to remove it did you have 3 bolts in the trunk that connected to the speaker cover?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
aight guys, got a little question for ya. i have some blaupunkt PCx-662 6.5 speakers and im trying to figure out how to mount these. they are to big for the oem speaker holder and are to small for the hole.

but the magnet is also too big. i have spare mdf board.

should i just mount just 2 screws with the board behind it? would tht be ok?

any other suggestions?
these were giving to me for free, so i kinda want to use these.

BKLYN ACCORD

Reaction score
aight guys, got a little question for ya. i have some blaupunkt PCx-662 6.5 speakers and im trying to figure out how to mount these. they are to big for the oem speaker holder and are to small for the hole.

but the magnet is also too big. i have spare mdf board.

should i just mount just 2 screws with the board behind it? would tht be ok?

any other suggestions?
these were giving to me for free, so i kinda want to use these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-F-...59786QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohosting

if you can cut the mdf too look like that then your a fine , or u can just buy them from there either or

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
....im an idiot.

i had everything there and didnt even think abt that.

thanks man

AFAccord

Reaction score
I always just used 1/2" or 3/4" plastic spacers from the local stereo shop. Simple to fit, and they're only a few bucks for a pair. :thumbsup:

Chosen0ne

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My car is 01 accrd v6-ex and I'm a newb at car audio, I'm planning to replace my stock front 6.5s and rear 6x9 with pioneers. I wanted to know if I had to purchase speaker wiring harness for the new speakers because I do not want to splice the wires? Since I heard from my friend that it was just plug n play and he didn't need any splicing or wiring harness. Any info is much appreciated. thanks.

PIONEER TS-A1682R 6.5" 280W 4WAY

PIONEER TS-A6962R 6x9 3-WAY 250W

Back