Future F20B Swap

idriveanaccord

Reaction score
it better eatt them seeing as though the engine is twice as big and somewhat meant for performance although if u threw them in a canyon the ls1 would only make it to the bottom first when it slid off the edge :lawl:

Drift

Reaction score
stock ls1 ss will eat 98% of the ppl on here ... don't hate :eh:

How do you think a Porsche GT2 would do against a camero? Because my 6th gen did pretty well sticking to his tail. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebpwbnP5lSI
Watch the video, there are a couple porsches in there.

When we pitted in, he was pissed!

*Im sorry that Im further contributing to the high jacking of thise thread, but I had too, sorry.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
How do you think a Porsche GT2 would do against a camero? Because my 6th gen did pretty well sticking to his tail. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebpwbnP5lSI
Watch the video, there are a couple porsches in there.

When we pitted in, he was pissed!

*Im sorry that Im further contributing to the high jacking of thise thread, but I had too, sorry.

i thought we were talking about straight line drag/street ... of course a torque monster is going to eat dust in a road course ... come on, there's a reason why i'm building my car for road racing lol ... but x2, no more thread jacking

S-spec

Reaction score
F20B's are open deck. They are very similar castings to the H22, but the combustion chamber is the same size as the H23. (smaller than the H22). You can use an H22 head gasket no problem. If you payed $400 for one, there is one happy shop that has you as a customer. Also, unlike the H22, the F20B has iron sleeves. All aftermarket bolt-ons for the H22 will fit the F20B.

The difference between an Auto and Manual F20B is the Cams, and the throttle body. I have owned both a manual and auto F20B, and have compared the parts side by side.

I have had an F20B, H23, G23, and of course the F23 in my Accord, and the F20B has been by far the most fun to drive, hands down. I have driven an H22 Accord, it was fun as well, faster, perhaps, but the F20B is just more fun. Why? I am not sure, but it probably has something to do with the fact that I find an SiR Civic more fun to drive than a Type-R Civic. Sure, the B18 will be faster, but the B16 just feels more fun.

My $0.02 :)

Last edited:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
F20B's are open deck. They are very similar castings to the H22, but the combustion chamber is the same size as the H23. (smaller than the H22). You can use an H22 head gasket no problem. If you payed $400 for one, there is one happy shop that has you as a customer. Also, unlike the H22, the F20B has iron sleeves. All aftermarket bolt-ons for the H22 will fit the F20B.

The difference between an Auto and Manual F20B is the Cams, and the throttle body. I have owned both a manual and auto F20B, and have compared the parts side by side.

I have had an F20B, H23, G23, and of course the F23 in my Accord, and the F20B has been by far the most fun to drive, hands down. I have driven an H22 Accord, it was fun as well, faster, perhaps, but the F20B is just more fun. Why? I am not sure, but it probably has something to do with the fact that I find an SiR Civic more fun to drive than a Type-R Civic. Sure, the B18 will be faster, but the B16 just feels more fun.

My $0.02 :)

don't forget it rev's to the heavens ... gotta love that

Back