G23

LM1092

Reaction score
Anyone know what the parts list would be for a G23 build? I know you're going to need the H22 cylinder Head of course and the intake manifold... But would you be able to use Headers that are made for the F23 on the H22 cylinder head or can you just use headers that are made for the H22 cylinder head instead? And what are some of the other parts needed?

LM1092

Reaction score
I guess I meant the G22 swap then :eusa_doh:

Because I want to use the H22 Head to retain VTEC I just don't know the full parts list

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
^ That would still be G23, even if using a H22 head. The only time it's a "G22" is when you're using an F22 bottom end..

Michael_accord

Reaction score
u need the:
The head (oil drains plugged(2))
All the h series timing gears
H series water pump gear pressed on the f23 water pump
Headgasket...yeah idk gotta see which one lines up

Thats it lmfao....****s a cake to build. Not as hard as people make it seem

Gonna need ur ecu to fully tune it as well. Obd1 or aem ems, neptune, hondata any one.

No the exhaust ports don't match up. Might miss something but its just a simple thing to do. Also not worth it if you aren't boosting

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
u need the:

Gonna need ur ecu to fully tune it as well. Obd1 or aem ems, neptune, hondata any one.

No the exhaust ports don't match up. Might miss something but its just a simple thing to do. Also not worth it if you aren't boosting

I think I remember someone saying to use an h22 headgasket back when I was considering doing this. Can't remember for sure, but a simple search should do the trick. Also remember passing emissions would be a pain, unless you have another chip with an amazing tune

Michael_accord

Reaction score
You can just run the greddy emanage ultimate and pass emissions. I don't see why any of the emissions system would fail? Who worries about emissions now a days? lol

LM1092

Reaction score
^ That would still be G23, even if using a H22 head. The only time it's a "G22" is when you're using an F22 bottom end..

Ah Okay... I thought I was right by saying G23 I just got confused by seeing that thread the other guy posted

LM1092

Reaction score
u need the:

So you don't need the H22 Intake manifold you could just use the F23 one instead?

Back