Garage Build for Auto Detailing(UPDATED 5/2 PG11)

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Garage Build for Auto Detailing(UPDATED 3/14 PG8)Opinion on wall color scheme&flo

I just saw a pic on Facebook that made me realize that lemon has OCD.
Obsessive Car Detailing :rotflmao:

Yup yup. I am getting there haha. :huh:

Started on painting my walls over the weekend with a couple of friends. We managed to finish maybe half of the garage and we stopped. When we were painting the walls, the color(Seal) looked lighter than the aftermath, but maybe it was the extra lighting from the sun who knows. When night came, I did not like the grey color, and decided I am going back to Home Depot to buy a lot of samples to see which grey I will be happy with. All of my friends commented on how nice it looks, but I am picky and my initial reaction was not a good one. So I will have to experiment with different grey colors to see which one I end up liking.

End result

With flash(I like the color grey here)

Without flash(I do not like the dark grey)

I will most likely end up buying 5-10 different sample size pots of grey from Home Depot and do little sections to test out the color. After it dries I will choose the one I like and end up repainting the whole thing...
Thanks for viewing guys. Any comments on liking or hating the color leave a comment haha. :D

cfox28

Reaction score
Re: Garage Build for Auto Detailing(UPDATED 3/17 PG9)Painting Walls Part 1

not to be odd, but whats going on with the wall construction? haha. In the first to pictures I see different size panels, and then in the later pictures, of the wall behind the shelves, we see a small reveal of the structure behind it, and it doesn't look like they are 2x4" studs, but something oddly dimensioned. I of course, don't mean any offence, maybe something to consider, since your redoing the grey, is whether you might want to put up drywall

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

not to be odd, but whats going on with the wall construction? haha. In the first to pictures I see different size panels, and then in the later pictures, of the wall behind the shelves, we see a small reveal of the structure behind it, and it doesn't look like they are 2x4" studs, but something oddly dimensioned. I of course, don't mean any offence, maybe something to consider, since your redoing the grey, is whether you might want to put up drywall

The house is 1920's I believe that's what was stated on the papers. I'm not sure if everything in the garage is original or has it been modified by the previous owners. The walls do look odd so I am pondering with the drywall idea at the moment. I just need to work out some measurements and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the suggestion, it opened up another idea in my mind. :thumbsup:

Brad2274

Reaction score

i know it's painters tape but i actually like the look of blue in between...

Brad2274

Reaction score

as in your walls might look nice with a thick blue stripe painted in between the white and gray, gives it a clean shop look that kinda pops, or is it already painted? im confused now i cant tell if thats painters tape or paint lol

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's already painted Brad. :eh: I'm going with a different color blue soon.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Garage Build for Auto Detailing(UPDATED 4/6 PG9)Painting Walls Part 2

Bought some samples of different shades of gray and blue.

Last edited:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Garage Build for Auto Detailing(UPDATED 4/6 PG9)Painting Walls Part 2

I'm leaning towards these 2 colors:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Garage Build for Auto Detailing(UPDATED 4/12 PG9)Painting Walls Part 3

I decided to go with thin wood sheets instead of drywall. Mounted them all up on this side of the wall. Getting ready to paint it soon.

Back