Got a new toy last night

pattywak

Reaction score
Great pickup!

Also, if you're thinking about parting out your suspension on your Accord...what is it and how much? Let me know.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
When your car already handles well, is fast, and has the potential to very easily become faster, I say power first...

I have been seriously thinking about a Legacy GT. Right in the middle of a wrx and sti performance wise and I like the look better.

+1 on both accounts

4drh22accord

Reaction score
I have done lots of research on the STi's and yeah I know about the bov and intake. The only way I would do that is if I got a management system. Simple bolt ons is all I want. I am going to keep the wing, scoop, stickers etc. To be honest thats what makes the STi noticable. Reason for the suspension wait is due to the fact that the suspension thats currewtly on the car works well. I dont want to jeopardize the ride quality and handling. If I do swap the suspension, I will do a full coilover set up as well as sway bars, strut bars, etc. I am for sure that the first mods will be exhaust and downpipe. Gotta make the Subie roar a lil more. Thanks for all the compliments fells.

Now, for the part out. I am at the Subaru dealer now getting the car detailed and the dent fixed so I can't post pics. But the ones you all asked about i will try to answer to.

The suspension is nothing more that Tein springs on KYB struts. I am willing to sell the springs only for $60 + shipping. I need the shocks for the other springs.

The fogs I would sell off the car but I think you can pick them up for the same price on ebay as I would sell them. They are only a few moths old.

The wheels are 18x7.5 R-1 GTR-6 with excellent tires on them. I would let them go for $750+ shipping or best offer

The lip kit needs to be sanded down and redone. The guy that had the kit before me used a grinder to remove the paint and left marks. A simple sanding job would fix it all. I would sell the kit for $450 + shipping

The trunk as I said before needs some tlc, I would let is go as is for $200 + your stock trunk. Needs to be silver to match my car. No shipping on the trunk

The headlights I would let go for $60+shipping + your stocks.

Some odds and ends I have in the garage is a R34 Octane fiberglass front bumper, you can have it! LOL I got it a long time ago and never use it. Also have an extra valve cover for the H22 thats painted blue/silver camo, extra starter and alternator, 19x7.5" Enkei RS-7s in bronze with Falken tires in decent shape. One wheel is badly dented but can be repaired if not, buy a new one. I will sell the wheels for $350+ shipping or best offer. I also have a beat up carbon invader hood (VIS). If you are up to playing with it possibly trying to refinish it or just paint it, you can have it for $75. I also have a set of Altezza tailights that I smoked red, they look clean but some prefer the oem look like myself. Tail lights I can let go for $35+ shipping.

I am sure I have more parts I can part out. Just if you see something, let me know. PM with offers guys. I will keep it quiet. ALL OFFERS WELCOME.

Oh and I prefer local pick up but can/will ship some items at the buyers cost

highway_patrol

Reaction score
Chalk another up for the darkside...

Ditto

Car is just straight up sick. The 05 is actually the best built car so far. The shear power of the car and the sound is amazing. I have been looking at them for a while and found this one. 48500 miles on it with one ding that is getting fixed tomorrow and all service records for 17K. It was listed at 18888 but my wife who is a bad *** at what she does got them down to 17K w/no down payment.

As for mods, I am going to do the simple bolt ons like exhaust, down pipe, turbo timer, boost gauge and wheels. Maybe suspension down the road.

Yours doesn't have a stock Lamco boost gauge? The other thing I'd add to that list is a Cobb Accessport. Stage 2 is a night and day difference, a stage 2 2.0 like mine will keep up with a stock STi but I'm stock tune til my UTEC goes in. As for suspension, you don't have to go big, strut tower bars at minimum, then maybe Koni yellows or Tokico D Specs with some Prodrive or RCE springs, and bigger/adjustable sway bars and the obvious one, better tires. One other note would be, buy some good brakes pads, the Hawk HPS but fade after about 3-5 hard stops, the HP+ are better if you plan to beat the car a bit but then again I may be just blowing smoke because it sounds like you've done some research on what you want to do. That's my .02

4drh22accord

Reaction score
Yeah I have looked into the Hawk pads and all. I want to upgrade to better pads but D A M N are they expensive. Not your typical Honda parts anymore. As fot the Utec, my friend has an 05 as well with it but still stock turbo and intercooler. Just out of curiousity, whats the rough price for the Stage 2 system ?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Nope no boost gauge at all

I wouldn't even bother with it, unless you plan doing some major mods. Boost guages are Your first mod should be to replace your crappy stock up pipe and subaru fukked up on.

Im glad to see an STI wont go to waste. Happy Driving!

4drh22accord

Reaction score
No this STi will not go to waste. I for the most part already have a HKS exhaust, down pipe, turbo timer and boost gauge. Getting it all for like $540, but I need to make some extra cash for these things. Buy some parts off me, better yet, someone buy my car instead. Make me an offer

highway_patrol

Reaction score
Stage 2 consists of a turboback, just dont go ebay for that, and I know you know better. Just look around on NASIOC for a used exhaust and downpipe, the STi already runs a catless uppipe stock. As for Accessport or UTEC, I'd recommend an Accessport unless you like the idea of being able to tune on the fly and have your own ability to change your tune as you see fit. Prices for an Accessport can go as low as $250 for a version 1 and up to $700 for a drand new version 2. Shop around, version 1 and 2 do the same for flashing but the version 2 can do live monitoring and a few other things. I'll finish this later as I have to head toi work.

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
Nice pick up, but dont MOD it to subaru hell. I hate it when peple de-wing the car and leave those nasty holes where the screws went in.

These cars require a bit of re-search before modding. Examples, Cold air intakes and aftermarket blow off valves will cause your car to run lean and eventually blow your engine.

Take care of her. I was going to get one too, but I have my Nissan 240z, sill....nice car :drool:

Its really not that dramatic as the cars run pig rich from the factory, so an intake/exhaust/catless dp etc would be fine... a lil leaner would actually better things... and wont hurt your engine...

Back