Guys want to have a contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i'd say make it no rules...cause alot of times HDR and other forms of editing doesn't specifically make things look better...and people need to learn how/when to use them...

to me as long as its a picture that they took...im fine with it...but whatever you guys want...this is just my opinion

shavedaccord

Reaction score
so, since i use it to make some photos look better.....are we allowed to do simple things in photoshop, such as contrast, curves, levels, saturation, and things like that? or is it going to be just the straight up best picture you can take without pshop alteration?

i'd say make it no rules...cause alot of times HDR and other forms of editing doesn't specifically make things look better...and people need to learn how/when to use them...

to me as long as its a picture that they took...im fine with it...but whatever you guys want...this is just my opinion
I agree, post processing should be allowed. I mean when images are resized work DOES need to be done. Also when your shooting with some filters you do lose contrast and what not. Sometimes people have a dirty lens or sensor so cleaning up on that needs to be done on the final image as well. A lot of people don't agree with post processing but I personally do not know one professional photographer who doesn't post process almost every shot in some way. Knowing how-to/learning is a part of digital photography.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
only issue id have with allowing hdr is that some people are all :bukkake: over it, even though the image(s) was(were) just put through a program.

basically what i mean is: if the image is **** but the effect looks cool, it would get more votes than an image with good basics and techniques.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
only issue id have with allowing hdr is that some people are all :bukkake: over it, even though the image(s) was(were) just put through a program.

basically what i mean is: if the image is **** but the effect looks cool, it would get more votes than an image with good basics and techniques.

from what i've seen...most people fail at HDR anyway...:coffee:

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
I am down with whatever, it would be fun to participate, and it will for sure be full of solid entries.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
okay, i'm recanting my free calendar offer but rather i'll make whomever wins their very own calendar with full customization, that means any pics they want, holidays, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back