H22 deal?

scguy2473

Reaction score
I'm thinking at some point down the road I want to do the H22 swap on my 02 Coupe F23....I found this ad and was wondering if it's worth messing with. It has a crank problem but it's only $200? Heres the ad..

"UP FOR SALE IS A 92 HONDA PRELUDE H22 MOTOR. MOTOR HAS AROUND 150K MILES WHEN PULLED OUT OF CAR DUE TO KEY WAY DAMAGE TO CRANK. MOTOR RAN WITH NO PROBLEMS OR NOISE AT ALL. IM A HONDA TECH JUST LOOKING TO TRY AND GET THIS OUT OF MY SHOP AT HOME. PRICED OUT NEW CRANK FROM WORK AND WOULD COST ABOUT 1600. MACHINCE SHOP COULD FIX IT JUST DONT HAVE TIME TO FIX. EVERYTHING IS THERE STILL ON MOTOR INTAKE, HEADER, CAMS, CRANK, HEAD. FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME. PLEASE RELAY VIA EMAIL WITH HEADING READING "H22 HONDA TECH" THIS IS FOR ME TO KNOW IF SCAM OR NOT... THANK YOU"

What do you guys think?

jdmcg3

Reaction score
its worth. for sure. you can either fix the crank problem which is not going be that much to fix. or part it out and make about 1000 or more. then buy the motor you want.

when i found deals like that on the list around here. i swoop up on this real quick.

/GET IT!

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the only engine that came in the 92' preludes was an f22a non vtec... I am pretty sure the h23 non vtec, and the h22 vtec started in 93. I could be wrong. anyways... How much does he want for that paper weight?

NVM, Wiki tells me the 92 did come with vtec.

Last edited:

jdmcg3

Reaction score
do you guys realize a h22 complete head with IM sells for 300+. and bare blocks go for 100. oil pans for 60 80 used.

op all im saying is if you plan to build the motor.. buy it. if you just want something to swap in without dealing with all the bs.. then dont.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
do you guys realize a h22 complete head with IM sells for 300+. and bare blocks go for 100. oil pans for 60 80 used.

op all im saying is if you plan to build the motor.. buy it. if you just want something to swap in without dealing with all the bs.. then dont.

I do. Do YOU realize the machine work it would take to put that motor back together with the damage it already has?

Back