H22 or F20b... Which is easier?

SxyRed6gen

Reaction score
^Yup. No need to put a 2.0 liter into a car as heavy as a 6 gen. Id say find a VTEC head and G23 that thing but a lot of the info on those is inconsistent because so few have done it and even fewer done it well.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
^^ words of wisdom. Howz that 130lbs of torque btw? Oh wait u live at 7,000 rpm to get any power

maddmatt02

Reaction score
staying down low daily, sure the F20B wouldnt pull as hard, but a F20B equipped 6th gen would have to be quicker than stock when you are hammering the thing, right? seems like just from the gears alone it would be a nice upgrade???

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
staying down low daily, sure the F20B wouldnt pull as hard, but a F20B equipped 6th gen would have to be quicker than stock when you are hammering the thing, right? seems like just from the gears alone it would be a nice upgrade???

I think a cheaper and better upgrade would be a h22 lsd trans on a f23.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score

gears? there are no gears on the engine.

SxyRed6gen

Reaction score
I think he's assuming the F20b trans would be installed as well. From what I gather the gearing is similar to the ATR trans.

But a trans that short wouldnt benefit an F23 much. I had my H22 trans on my F for awhile and it got through the gears faster but I think having an H23 (92-96) trans would've been better. The perfect compromise between economy and gearing for a daily IMO

Back