H22 Swap Radiator Fans not starting

tknightt

Reaction score
I have a H22A swap in a 98 Sedan (well 2 actually). I have the same problem on both of them, the radiator do not turn on. The service manual of the H22 engine says the thermostat should open at 95°C, my OBD2 reader only shows the engine temp going up to 90°C therefore neither fan will start. I can fix it by having them turn on all the time and bypass the ECU for the AC fan but was wondering if anybody else ran into the same problem ?

cmgreensr

Reaction score
No idea there buddy but feel free to send that old ac fan down to my house. I mean it's just laying around taking up space now and could use a good home :)

xci.ed6

Reaction score
no problem converting to different fans.

yes, you can put them on a manual switch, but ecm should run as needed?

vbcoderx

Reaction score
I have an h22a4 swapped in my 99 accord. Thought I had the same issue. H22 just runs a lot colder than the f23. If you manually test the switch in the water neck it will kick them on. Mine rarely comes on. Only on the REALLY hot days in the summer in Arkansas. Driving faster than 40 mph I can actually see the temp gauge drop. FRM vs iron sleeves I guess.

604ACCORD

Reaction score
What about a Megan racing fan switch? I read one of the h22 swap post the guy said he didn't like how high the temp got so he put in that sensor

Ccrew95

Reaction score
Make sure you check your vtec plug. there is another plug that is the same size that often get mixed up. Vtec runs on the same circuit or something, happened to me.

Back