h22 swap

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
i have spent a total of around 1900 and i got bout 285 to the wheels with my NAH22. dont underestimate bolt on power.

If you did the work by yourself. And bolt on, I hope your not talking about intake headers exhaust. Because you would need to raise compression, different pistons, head-work, re flash the ECU, a tune and run race gas to pull those numbers. Thats basically 300hp to the crank....

Last edited:

LouDa601aCcorD

Reaction score
yea i did my own work but that was what swollen-cu said he was gonna do. header, exhaust, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, cams, cam gears, eagle pistons, and a couple other things. just got chipped and tuned last weekend. i will prolly go boost soon i hope but also wanna concentrate on my civic build.

98acclude

Reaction score
I dont understand why people spend 2500$ on an H22..plus ATLEAST 800$ for swap(if 5spd already).that only has 200hp.
and can spend 1500$ on a decent turbo kit for the F23 and make that plus more? Is it for looks or bragging rights to say i swapped an h22?

what?? ppl pay that much for that ****? lol I bought a whole rolled 99 prelude that was an auto for $900 I took the seats sold the tranny n stuff cause it was an auto and ditched the car and did the work with a buddy of mine spent about $200 on parts like for the ecu and random stuff

so I only spent about $1100 on it... and it was very very very much worth that... piss on a shop.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
yea i did my own work but that was what swollen-cu said he was gonna do. header, exhaust, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, cams, cam gears, eagle pistons, and a couple other things. just got chipped and tuned last weekend. i will prolly go boost soon i hope but also wanna concentrate on my civic build.

details on the build... Compression ratio, what kind of cams etc.. 285 to the wheels? THat sounds really off.. h22s make ~200 Crank HP.. you're saying your pushing over 330 hp to the crank with just basic bolt ons cams and pistons??:bs2:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score

All those things you listed might net you 30hp

You need MAJOR engine work and a great tune to achieve 300whp N/A

High compression and Boost dont mix BTW :jae:

A word of advice, don't lie to people on here about stuff. No one will like you or respect you.

Last edited:

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
285WHP with a H22 can be done but will cost you $$$ you won't get near that with even a Supercharger much less NA. Unless it's a drag motor or something you aint even get close to that for a street car I demand a mod list and Dyno sheet.

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
285whp with a h22 can be done but will cost you $$$ you won't get near that with even a supercharger much less na. Unless it's a drag motor or something you aint event get close to that for a street car i demand a mod list and dyno sheet.

+1...

LouDa601aCcorD

Reaction score
my bad, its 235 not 285 and its 220 to the crank. i will try and put at the dyno sheet this weekend.

Last edited:
Back