FS: H23 Trans w/ Wavetrac LSD

NASOHC

Reaction score
Hey everyone, as most of you know, my car is going up for sale soon but the transmission that I have been running is coming out this weekend. I had this trans serviced (rebuilt) a while back, and to be honest, always had an issue with 5th gear grind due to bad main shaft according to rebuilder. Other than that, it shifted just fine. The LSD by Wavetrac is flawless, works amazingly well and never had issues with it. I'm looking to sell the entire trans with LSD... AS IS. I'm taking a video of car today while it's still in car and uploading tonight before it gets pulled out. Looking to get $550 for it.

Its a M2S4 Honda Prelude Trans, low geared originally. I average about 3500RPM@70 MPH on 5th Gear. It will need to have someone go over the trans, possibly put in new rebuild kit and 5th Main Shaft to be flawless, I've gotten quotes here for $650-750+ for a bench job. I would go over any used trans regardless but if you want to just put it in as is, it'll drive fine other than grinding 5th.

PM me if interested... preffered local as I don't know what shipping would cost outside the area. You could find out, don't ask me to quote a price with shipping. I want $500 for trans w/LSD. The LSD info is here:

http://www.wavetrac.net/ Fits both Prelude and Accord Manual Trans - F22, F23, H22, H23 5-speeds!

Pics and video to come!

20130406_092741.jpg

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Curious to know what all was involved with putting in the LSD, I've thought about it doing it for my 7GA 6MT.

This is a nice option for someone, glws!

NASOHC

Reaction score
Curious to know what all was involved with putting in the LSD, I've thought about it doing it for my 7GA 6MT.

Pulling the whole transmission apart basically. Swapping out the diff and putting it back together.

sunroof

Reaction score

before you come down on a decision lmk, I have the bad tranny that came out of my 04 TL, I guess previous owner raced it a lot, plus I let a friend drive it and he over revved it a couple of times so a few days after that, car started shaking bad, reverse worked perfect just the forward gears, pulled it out and opened it and a few gears were missing.... well the gear part lol, so I bought another one, the LSD unit in the old one is perfect, just replace like 3 or 4 gear and you are good, that's why I kept it, contemplating on completely rebuilding it and swapping a 6th gen accord, or putting back in the TL or selling it for someone to rebuild, it' just sitting right now

hotaccord243

Reaction score
That is one he** of a deal NASOHC! Someone needs to snatch this up as this is some good quality parts for a price you can't beat! Best of luck with your sale!

NASOHC

Reaction score
Damn i just want the LSD:drool:

Buy the whole trans and you'll get it. You can always try to sell the H23 trans bare bones for parts but the LSD alone is $800+ new. Just tryin to make a quick sale here if possible. Listed on Craigslist for $650 over the weekend.

NASOHC

Reaction score
ITS OUT!

Just uploaded a partial photo - its a little dirty. The distributor inner seal had been leaking for a bit and oil got on casing. Going to clean up and upload better pics. Working on Video too.

Back