H23a Vtec swap

Bense

Reaction score
yeah im using a pcf-901 jdm obd2 ecm which is almost exact drop in for a 2001 obd2 usa ecm with no immobilizer but my car is an automatic so its a perfect fit. Ran it a little more today just idling and a few revs still no check engine light which makes me so happy!

I cannot express how jealous i am of you right now for this. Grrr

Bense

Reaction score
Don't forget to swap the pulleys on the throttlebody so that you can retain power steering. and you'll likely need to make a bracket to relocate that throttle cable

Craize

Reaction score
Don't forget to swap the pulleys on the throttlebody so that you can retain power steering. and you'll likely need to make a bracket to relocate that throttle cable

what????????
I swapped pulleys on "crank" to retain powersteering and heres the head stamps

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
I'm guessing you meant to say so you can retain cruise control?

Craize

Reaction score
I'm guessing you meant to say so you can retain cruise control?

I think he did. Has anyone taken the throttle shaft out of the Accords original throttle body and put into the h23a's throttle body? cause its longer by about a inch for the extra cable pulley.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
I think he did. Has anyone taken the throttle shaft out of the Accords original throttle body and put into the h23a's throttle body? cause its longer by about a inch for the extra cable pulley.
There's a write up somewhere by somebody who H swapped his 5th gen. Basically he swapped over the pulley, made a few really simple custom things and drilled them into the H throttle body. According to him, it works perfectly. You'd think it's an unmodified TB if you didn't see it.
My description on it is terrible so I'll try to find it later if nobody else does. It's something I'm definitely going to do if I ever do another H swap

Craize

Reaction score
Well my throttle cable adapter plate I made houses both throttle and cruise control cables and what I will do is get a cable connector to join the cruise control cable to the throttle cable like a aftermarket cruise control setup will take all of ten minutes.

Craize

Reaction score
Here's the throttle cable adapter bracket close up pic.
Turned the original bracket upside down to get the right angle for the cable.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
That's pretty creative. So you're still using the Accord's throttle cable bracket? I just had a welder flip mine upside down and extend it a little bit.
Here's the link for the modified throttle body I mentioned yesterday. Found it a couple months after I sold my Accord, sucks because cruise control was probably the thing I missed most after my swap.

http://www.accordwagonclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6694

Back