Headers finally gave up

turbo_911

Reaction score
After 2 years of use, my Megan headers finally gave up. Today when I was driving from college, it just broke.

Here's a picture what happened...

DSC06337.jpg

Do you guys think I can weld that hanger back? I just don't want to buy new ones, since I am selling the car and don't want to waste any more money on the car.

Last edited:

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
:lawl: wut

yeah you should be fine to weld that back on there.

it might not look pretty, but overuse the welding material to compensate for it breaking in the same place again. I mean who will notice?

jwong512

Reaction score
Take it to an exhaust shop and they should be able to weld that back for you. If anything, spray some of that non rusting compound on your header to prevent the rust from getting any worse.

turbo_911

Reaction score
All those people saying about rust, you CAN'T prevent it underneath the car. Salt/Snow eats everything on its way. It sees a metal, it eats it lol.

I know a guy in one shop, hopefully he will welt it for free or for $10 at least.

But yeah, I guess Megan headers don't last long...

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
unless you can get it welded from a friend or yourself for 50 bux, just buy a cheap header from ebay and install the b pipe. its the same design

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
reweld it, if anything cut have a shop cut it and replace it withcut piping and weld on the hanger thats what I did

Back