Headers

retroshark

Reaction score
as a rule of thumb, ceramic headers are the choice of most people who are looking to take the n/a route. DC sports probably have the best rep when it comes to their 4-2-1 headers. ive seen them go for around 250 maybe less if you find it on ebay. generally speaking, OBX, Megan and some of the other companies that offer manifolds arent the best to go with. while their exhaust are good (i ave a megan racing cat back) and their other parts are decent, better to go with a reputable company on something in your engine that handling gasses that burn at 1000's of degrees. further more, DC sports is made by AEM the same company that makes pretty much the highest standard of performance parts.

jsut my two cents on this one

EDIT:

and just for your information, in most cases, honda engines are not responsive to mild boltons like catbacks, headers or cats. most of the mods liek these actually hurt performance. installing a cat back is going to reduce your torque more than add HP gains which are minimal anyway.

in most cases when a company states that its eshaust or header produces an extara 10-15hp out of the box, they arent lying but those numbers are fudged to the max. rule of thumb is:

catback of any kind: -1-5hp
intake of any kind: 1-5hp
header: 2-6hp

all these gains are determined by so many little factors, and often they will do nothing noticeable or even take any time off you 1/4 mile run. IMO with hondas, save your money... the exhaust is pretty important but not til later. save the 300 from the catback, 250 from the header, 140 from the intake, and dont buy any rims and save another 1000-1500 from other asthetic mods and jsut invest in a turbo kit (if your running a 4cyl) or a supercharger if you have a v6. while getting a turbo is no easy task, its goign to show the most gains. either that or build up the engine from the inside out, starting with pistons, rings, rods, cams etc. its hard to make too much HP on an engine with stock internals.

oh and nitrous/nos/n2o is another good power boost, but again, its not just a bolt on.

Last edited:

Muyo

Reaction score
You cant just say "Honda engines arent that responsive to bolt ons..." Look at the new K series engines, a lot of power from bolt ons.

retroshark

Reaction score
ok, what i should have said, is that yes, honda engines are responsive to bolt ons, but in fact, the response is not always good. in the case of most honda engines, a cat back exhaust and itake is going to reduce our torque numbers and hurt the low end.

so yes, they are responsive, but not in a good way at times.

and nobody here has a kswap in their accord. so k series are out of the question.

Muyo

Reaction score
I didnt notice any loss at any rpm from all the mods I did to my Accord...All I noticed are the gains, even if they arent that much.

retroshark

Reaction score
so have you just got the standard I/H/E? if so what size pipes are you running from your cat-back? high flow cat or jsut stock and what brand header/intake?

Muyo

Reaction score
I dont discuss my modifications :)

Back