Headlight feature

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Only EX models (& apperently SE's, I didn't know about that) have the headlight relay controlled by the BCM/MCU. The others are run directly off the headlight switch, so won't have this feature.

Tylers

Reaction score
yeah, this happened to me awhile ago when I was adjusting my lights, I was freaked out of a moment. And yeah, it's a ex, like xci said.

LeAccord

Reaction score
I think only the EX as these feature, correct me if I'm wrong. I really think it's a neat feature. The only time I don't like it is when I need to turn on my headlights and want to keep them on while the car is off but I don't mind it cause I just keep my door open or barely closed & the light stays on.

EDIT: At first when I saw you get out of your car, in my head I asked myself "Why is he climbing out of the passenger side?" but then I forgot you lucky austrailians have RHD accords :lawl:
:lawl:
If you have HID lighting in your headlights, you don't want to use this.
This is true. I wouldn't use it all the time, except maybe if you were parked in front of a dark place (front of your house with no lights) it'd be like a 'walk me home light' feature that some newer cars have . Or ... If you parked somewhere and don't remember where, you could unlock your car and the lights will tell you where it is :lawl:

Simkid5614

Reaction score
Well, Does this only work with the remote?

I just tried it on my 2000 SE with locking the door by the key, hence i don't have the remote ATM. and didnt turn off even after a minute.

JetLife

Reaction score
yes feature on the EX's.I think its an awesome feature. I use it a good bit, I should prob quit it before I ruin my DS2 bulbs

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
I found out this feature when taking a picture of my lights too lol.
If you leave the lights on and close the doors they'll turn off after a little.
They'll turn back on when you unlock the doors or open the doors (only works with my driver door, passenger door doesn't turn them on)
If you have the dome light set to the door setting, that will turn on as well.

Pretty neat feature but not good with HID's like RedRyder said. That's why I usually just leave my parking lights on ;)

Yup by the time they warm up they'll turn off. And next time you unlock or open the doors they'll turn on. And then when you start your car they'll be on which I heard also wears them out.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
For those of you with HIDs, maybe you could switch the fog & headlight wires. Then the headlight switch would turn on your fog lights/parking lights, and the fog light switch would turn on your HIDs. Then you could use this feature. Of course then hitting the high beams would shut off the HIDs, but I bet there is a workaround for that.

I never use it because of the damn bell. I need to disconnect it. of course the only Honda I've owned with a headlight reminder is also the only one that shuts them off automatically. :mad:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
So a couple days ago I turned my lights on without the keys in the ignition to take a few pics of my newly retrofitted headlights but before I managed to take a decent photo the headlights turned off. So I thought, it's a safety feature from draining the battery.

Then I decided to lock the car while the headlights were still on, they remained on for 15 seconds then turned off. When I unlock the car, the lights turn back on. Asked eeeman to try this with his car but his headlights just remain on forever ..

Who else has this feature on their car? Does it come standard on certain trim models or something..? Pretty awesome IMO :rock:

Mine does the same thing. Its a power saving thing with our cars. According to somebody I met at a meet, it is very hard to get a dead battery on our cars because of these power saving mechanisms.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score

+1. when I exit my car I always turn the low beams off and leave the parking lights on. they eventually go off, and come back on when I unlock the door. love it

Back